Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello

my brera wants more power ....
i thinking fitting something like gtx 2871 but i am concerned about the engines internals , will they hadle the power ? i guess not

i have seen some project on 4c's and giuliettas with more than 360 hp but since im having allready 125k kmh on clock , im thinking investing first at forged rods and maybe pistons .

i have read on some posts the pistons are allready forged ( i know they cant handle like 600 hp at 2 bar ) but at least can the hold 400-450 ? of course it depends on ignition timings , boost and temps

what about the rods then ? how much torque they can hadle ? (curently running 41-43 kgs)

any help or infos about them would be very helfull

·
Registered
197 Posts
Does the 1750 TBI not use the M32 gearbox? If so, will that be up to the task let alone the engine components??

·
Registered
558 Posts
Autolusso will do a nice quaife LSD upgrade on that gearbox. Something I've been recommended by a few on my 1750.

Cheers,
Iain

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i have allready a hybrid turbo setup full exhaust etc making 320 hp and about 42 kgs torque
m32 can hadle pretty well so far and there are infos about m32 who can handle even 55 kgs of torque

·
Registered
699 Posts
Yeah,

From what I've read (and experienced) it's not the horses that break the M32 box (IIRC some vauxhall owners have had huge number of horses through theirs) its the torques, if you go over 320NM (which is what the box is rated at) then you have a real risk of breaking it (often less than that) but if you throw 400+ horses and less than 320NM you should be Ok.

Axe.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts