Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello folks,

I've just bought a 1750 GTV SII but the driver's door mirror is loose. To get to this I need to remove the door card. My question is a simple one: How do I get the arm rest/door handle off? It looks like I need a very small long-reach socket or a box spanner? What size if so? Many thansks:blabla:

Angus

·
Registered
295 Posts
Would this be the 1750 gt junior or Berlina?

Sent from my HTC One M8s using Tapatalk

·
Registered
53 Posts
" I've just bought a 1750 GTV SII but the driver's door mirror is loose. To get to this I need to remove the door card. My question is a simple one: How do I get the arm rest/door handle off? It looks like I need a very small long-reach socket or a box spanner? What size if so?"

Size 8
It's M5 thread and
you need a deep socket or tubular box wrench to reach it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
" I've just bought a 1750 GTV SII but the driver's door mirror is loose. To get to this I need to remove the door card. My question is a simple one: How do I get the arm rest/door handle off? It looks like I need a very small long-reach socket or a box spanner? What size if so?"

Size 8
It's M5 thread and
you need a deep socket or tubular box wrench to reach it.
Superb, thanks. I've got lots of tools but no long-reach sockets or small box spanners, typically. Wanted to know what I needed before I hit ebay.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Further question actually. The drivers mirror is a bit too loose in it's socket. I.e when driving at 70mph or more the wind drags the mirror out of position. Is there a grub screw inside the mirror bracket that I can tighten to make the ball joint a bit tighter?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts