Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of a change from my 2011 170ma to a newish qv line (not a qv ) Has anyone here done this and if so what do you think?

Cheers.

·
Registered
36,851 Posts
You'll be covering a big markup to get full leather and bigger wheels. Difference between trade-in and forecourt is £3000. Nice spec.

·
Registered
38,703 Posts
Isn't is less powerful unless you go for TCT?

150bhp Vs 170bhp?

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think all the tct are 170. I'm trying to find one local to test drive. I love my veloce but I think I could do with better seats and hopefully a better build quality with a newer G. And I'd like to stay with the 170ma, I think its a cracker.

Thanks for the comments.:thumbup:

·
Registered
38,703 Posts
Many say that the newer ones are built better but after looking at one the other week I dont think there is much difference.

·
Registered
231 Posts
not that i went form 1 G to anther, but mito to a QV line G.

I love the thing.
seats are very good with the adjustable lumbar support.
top few inches of the windscreen are tinted
Visibility pack.
then all the little qv style extras that make it stand out form other G's (The wheels :yes:) is also nice.

If the deal is good i say go for it.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Many say that the newer ones are built better but after looking at one the other week I dont think there is much difference.
Yeh funny that. Seems 50/50 almost on what improvements there really are in build. I'm going to try a Sprint Speciale on Saturday, 15 plate, so that should give me a good idea.

Got to be a fair bit better for me to change up to be honest, I'll post after.

·
Registered
38,703 Posts
If I were you... If your existing car has nothing wrong then I would keep it and save your money.

You are basically paying to have pretty much the same car with the only real difference being that it is newer and has a less powerful engine.

You could always update your car externally to make it look like a new facelift model (pretty much only badges and grille) and fit a non-dating number plate.

No one would ever know...

·
Registered
46 Posts
I'll be selling my 64 plate Etna black 170 multi air TCT QV line in the next couple of weeks, if you're interested in a bargain?

·
Registered
365 Posts
I went from 2011 170 diesel Veloce to 2015 MA QVLine TCT. Chalk and cheese. The newer car is much more refined and has a lot more kit, like auto-dipping mirror, parking sensors, etc etc, and NO rattles!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts