Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
MY 155 2.0 16V S (WIDE BODY) HAS BEEN LOWERED ABOUT 30mm. I AM THINKING OF GETTING 17"x7.5" WHEELS. CAN SOMEONE TELL ME IF IS O.K. I.E. THE WHEELS WON'T RUB ON THE ARCHES OR ANYTHING..?
THANKS IN ADVANCE

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I think you should be OK. I know a chap who has his lowered and has 17" X 8" 's on his, with no major hassle.

JOC

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
tbird,
I can't really say!
My 2.0L 16V is lowered 35mm and runs on 7X17" with 215/40 tyres and rubs on full lock.

Guess you won't know until you try.

Sorry,

TAZ.

·
Registered
715 Posts
I 've got 7.5x17's with 215/40/17 tyres. Only mild one off scrape if you go down a pot hole at speed on full lock. This was lowered 35mm on Jamex springs.
Personally I'd got for 7x17's with 215 tyres as there is less chance of kerbing them if the rim dowsn't stick out too much

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My 155 is lowered about 40mm with Pi springs and runs on 205/45 16s and it rubs a little even at low speed wink

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have just the other day mounted my "summerwheels" on my widebody 155.My car is lowered 35 mm with Eibach,and the wheels are 7 x 17 with 215/40-17 tyres.The alloy's ET/off-set measure is 35mm,but this year I have mounted spacers on both front and rear.Front:10 mm and rear:20 mm.Even with fullload I have no problem's at all.

PS:Looks very nice from behind,now the alloy's are mush more "out" of the wheel-arch's.I think this is a visual problem on the widebody.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thomas have you noticed any difference to the handling, I've thought about putting spacers on the rear to even things out a bit as the fronts have spacers as standard and it seems a bit odd that the front track is wider than the rear. I wonder why Alfa did this...I understand for widebodies like mine the tracks were increased as a result of the touring cars development :confused: :confused: .

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I haven't being out and real push it yet,but hopefully it can take a little bit of our loose back (okay,it's not much,but it is there).I will let you know,as soon as I have tryed it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts