Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a quick ramble,somebody on here is sellling a set of these wheels for £720 quid with no tyres..........Is this what these wheels fetch? Mine cost me £300 brand new of ebay 4 years ago! So that means the alloys on my car are nearly half of value of my 156.........makes you think eh. i think i will be taking them off car when i come to sell it..... cheers rich;)

·
Registered
8,916 Posts
No, that's a stupid price. I would say they average £400 with decent tyres.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I may be biased but teledials on alfas will go hand in hand for years-they just look "right",and they are a damned sight easier to clean than the multi spokes.........

·
Registered
8,916 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Not so long ago, "in an Alfa galaxy far, far away"
There used to be a little thing called a "fellow Alfisti helping another one out"... They would often post that they needed bits and bobs and more often than not some helpful fellow (no, not Santa):rolleyes: would reply... "I have one of those mate, it's just taking room up in my garage, just pay the postage and I will send them to you"

Ahhh, those were the days when "Alfisti" actually meant something:thumbs:

Nowadays, the Evil Empire called "Ebay" has enveloped the little tiny "Alfisti Rebels" in a vice like grip called "Greed and maximum profit"

I don't know how long these rebels can hold out to such a temptation to use the Ebay dark side of the force...
All I know is I still do... Gave away 4 decent lusso alloys with Goodyear NCT's 3's just a month ago to a fellow rebel who needed them!
Profit?.... Just a handshake, a cuppa, a good old chinwag and the good feeling that I helped out a fellow Alfa owner out of a hole:thumbs:
Yes I do know times are hard but surely thats when we all need some charitable soul to show us what being a human being is all about... Things like compassion, alturism... All lost in times like this.:(

I really do long for those old times back and I have to say, it really does sadden me that some owners will actually charge the earth for things like teledials in order to finace their stupid bloody 18" debarcle's that they think will make their car look better than it is... Only to realise that they are buckled after 3 month on UK pot holed roads and wish they had kept those old teledials anyway... After all, they didn't buckle!:thumbs::D:D:D:D
Rant and story over....
Sleep tight and dream of better times:thumbs:

·
Registered
180 Posts
i belonged to a lotus forum/group a while back and one guy got his car restored fully for next to nothing(he claimed he was ill and near dying)this went on for ages .When finished we had a big do at donnington .Couple months later the car appeared on ebay for thousands.Not anice chap

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Not so long ago, "in an Alfa galaxy far, far away"
There used to be a little thing called a "fellow Alfisti helping another one out"... They would often post that they needed bits and bobs and more often than not some helpful fellow (no, not Santa):rolleyes: would reply... "I have one of those mate, it's just taking room up in my garage, just pay the postage and I will send them to you"

Ahhh, those were the days when "Alfisti" actually meant something:thumbs:

Nowadays, the Evil Empire called "Ebay" has enveloped the little tiny "Alfisti Rebels" in a vice like grip called "Greed and maximum profit"

I don't know how long these rebels can hold out to such a temptation to use the Ebay dark side of the force...
All I know is I still do... Gave away 4 decent lusso alloys with Goodyear NCT's 3's just a month ago to a fellow rebel who needed them!
Profit?.... Just a handshake, a cuppa, a good old chinwag and the good feeling that I helped out a fellow Alfa owner out of a hole:thumbs:
Yes I do know times are hard but surely thats when we all need some charitable soul to show us what being a human being is all about... Things like compassion, alturism... All lost in times like this.:(
Nice one, :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

I myself have had the chance to give and receive for forum member's and hope to continue this myself.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts