Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
During my quest to find a decent V6, I have seen quite a few advertised without the 17" teledial wheels and spoiler.

Anyone know how much it would cost to buy these and where from as I can't find them anywhere? Also the spoiler would have to be the original one, so would it have to be fitted by Alfa?

cheers

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
also are the cars on 16's set up any differently to those on 17's? i.e: suspension, and will the speedometre be affected?

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Bought my 17" Teles from main dealer with Pirelli PZ '0' s for £889 all in.The spoiler i bought from an Alfa breaker for £70 inc postage and fitted myself:)

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Doubt it. The circumference will be the same as the 16s have higher profile tyres if you get me.

·
Registered
Giulia Quad, Cayman GT4, Cayenne Turbo
23,458 Posts
is the odometre/speedometre affected in anyway?
nope.

The 17 teledial wheels are rare as it is.. they were only really available on the GTV as an extra.

You may want to use 17' GTA teledials instead as they are easier to come by.

OA

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
is the odometre/speedometre affected in anyway?
Yes it is, the standard 16's are 205/50 R16 and the 17s are 225/45 R17, which is around 23mm different in overall diameter, there are many online tyre size calculators which will give you the actual diameter increase etc when switching wheels.

Also when i had the 16s i was 4MPH over reading and when i put the 17s on it was more or less spot on. This was on my V6.

On my TS however the 16s were 6MPH Over reading and the 17s 3MPH Over reading.

All measured by GPS, seems like all GTVs have different calibration.

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
I would worry about the size change from 16 -> 17 as the speedo reading would change by less than 1mph at 50mph. (+ I recon the car's speedo will be the same as an aeropack one anyway).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts