Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone used Pace PC10 tyres on their G? Had 4 fitted by ATS through Blackcircles online today. Went for them because it was £200 for 4 and it was their 'quality choice' range where it includes tyre insurance.

My initial reaction is they seem fine. I do about 26k miles a year so I like the idea of tyre insurance as I used to have it when Kwik fit did it.

·
Registered
38,702 Posts
I paid £62 each for my Goodyears, plus £10 each to fit.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
200 miles in and no regrets so far. Still seem OK, but in retrospect didn't realise ATS had a tyre warranty scheme as well. Could have got 4 Avon tyres with the warranty for about £260. Know they are better known for motorbikes but are still supposed to be good tyres.

·
Registered
90 Posts
200 miles in and no regrets so far. Still seem OK, but in retrospect didn't realise ATS had a tyre warranty scheme as well. Could have got 4 Avon tyres with the warranty for about £260. Know they are better known for motorbikes but are still supposed to be good tyres.
The goodyears are good for reduced road noise and worth the extra IMO.

·
Registered
38,702 Posts
Have you driven in the wet yet?

Most tyres are good in the dry, but wet weather is where better tyres really score.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I had Avon ZV5s on the 147, they were pretty good, as were Kumhos.

As long as you're happy, then fine, judging by the reviews it may be worth changing them in the winter!

Mind you, if you do 26k a year they may need changing anyway

Take it easy

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Have you driven in the wet yet?

Most tyres are good in the dry, but wet weather is where better tyres really score.
Poured it down yesterday so took it for a spin round a few roundabouts. Seemed fine, C rating on them like the Acceleras I used to have on my 159ti but as one of the other posters says you need to get to know their capabilities and take it easy till you do.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts