Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,551 Posts
These were made for the 147/156 and have an ET of 40.5. Your 916 Spider has wheels with ET of 30.5 so you're 10mm out (they will sit 10mm further into the wheel arch). So these alloys won't clear the Brembo calipers on your V6. but even if they did, they won't look good anyway. Solution is 15mm hub centric spacers.

Another issue is these alloys take 215/45/17 tyres as it's a 7J rim. 17" alloys for the 916 Alfas are 7.5J rim with 225 width tyres. So the tyres are out of spec for your Spider and you may have issues with insurance if you use them (unless you advise your insurance provider in the first place).

If you look on the back of the alloy the ET will be stamped on one of the 'spokes' it will look like e40.5 On your original 916 alloys you will find e30.5

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
These were made for the 147/156 and have an ET of 40.5. Your 916 Spider has wheels with ET of 30.5 so you're 10mm out (they will sit 10mm further into the wheel arch). So these alloys won't clear the Brembo calipers on your V6. but even if they did, they won't look good anyway. Solution is 15mm hub centric spacers.

Another issue is these alloys take 215/45/17 tyres as it's a 7J rim. 17" alloys for the 916 Alfas are 7.5J rim with 225 width tyres. So the tyres are out of spec for your Spider and you may have issues with insurance if you use them (unless you advise your insurance provider in the first place).

If you look on the back of the alloy the ET will be stamped on one of the 'spokes' it will look like e40.5 On your original 916 alloys you will find e30.5
Thanks very useful!

·
Registered
569 Posts
I too am faced with a similar dilemma with tyres for Alfa 17x7J rims on my spider. Alfa fit 215 yet I recall Renault fitting 225 to their 7J (many moons ago I used Renault Lagunas as my daily drivers). For the mix, a local wheel & tyre company I approached also specify the 215 for a 7J rim. So for the time being I have my rims/spacers etc potentially up for sale in the AO classifieds.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Been looking into getting lighter alloys for my v6 phase 2 for ages it has 17" teledials at min with the et 30.5 offset for brembos but finding alloys within spec without needing spacers is a nightmare I don't like using spacers or spigot rings think im just gonna stick to teledials get em painted.

·
Registered
569 Posts
There are a couple of sets of Phase 3 17" alloys for sale, so right offset etc but you would have to research the weights though.

·
Registered
40 Posts
After talking about this other day came across these on ebay set of speedline corse ultimo apparently quite rare and couldn't resist buying them for my v6 think they look well cool and black go nice with my vela blue gtv they are also 17" 7.5j and have an et of 30 :D should make a nice difference to handling characteristics. Will now have a full set of 17" teledials for sale that are in nice condition recently but new centre caps on them too.

·
Registered
25 Posts
After talking about this other day came across these on ebay set of speedline corse ultimo apparently quite rare and couldn't resist buying them for my v6 think they look well cool and black go nice with my vela blue gtv they are also 17" 7.5j and have an et of 30 :D should make a nice difference to handling characteristics. Will now have a full set of 17" teledials for sale that are in nice condition recently but new centre caps on them too.
Damn, those are great! Why do I not see these things pop up. Harumph. Anyway, enjoy 'em! I'd be looking at a hyper silver finish (cos I like it), but they look good in black too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts