Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has anybody got any new timing belt covers they would want to sell?

i finished off my engine this morning and went to bolt the belt covers on, and thought these look awful compared to the rest of the engine.. lol i know im being a tart but everything else looks mint so may as well get these looking good to,...
alternatively has anybody painted these covers with success? are these plastic primers any good?

any info will be brill, thanks

:)

·
Registered
725 Posts
Run without the covers. I do, the owner of my previous car does on his. Looks better and makes working on the engine easier - especially if you have vernier camwheels.
I haven't had any problems running without covers in 25 years.

G

·
i painted my covers with ordinary black aerosol paint. it was still ok after running last year?
i guess for the long term then painting with a flexible primer first would be useful

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
I have also painted mine with aerosol thermal paint and no problem at all either....

·
Registered
233 Posts
Keep in mind that the 16v timming system is extremely sensitive, heads/valves are so close to the block that the slightest malfunction most probably means damage. Learned that the hard way, even with belt covers, pics in my restoration thread.

Black would look good :thumbs:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts