Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

iv just come to change the spark plugs on my 96 2.0 TS, i was wondering if one of you guys could tell me what the spark gap should be at and is it the same for both plugs? need a quick reply as the car is in pieces at the moment!

also is it normal to get a build up of oil in cylinders 1 and 4 plug wells, how much is a new rocker gasket?

Cheers Guys

W

·
0 Posts
I thought the platinum tipped plugs came with the gaps factory set....am I wrong?

Its common to get oil in the plug wells, chnaged the gasket on my twinny and it was ok for a while but then leaked again...sorry. A permanent fix it to use the 156 rocker cover, Henry has done this, try searching for the topic.

There are two gaskets when you take the cover off:

60607218-£7.34
60607219-£2.69

wrinx

·
Registered
6,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cheers mate, was just wondering because on the side of the box it says "adjust spark plug gap to engine makers specification"
the model numbers of the plugs are
BKR6EKPA and PMR7A.
i was going to do a 156 rocker conversion but then i thought it would look nicer to paint the covers black and leave the text brushed back to metal, the paint is drying now, il get some picks up soon!

Jack

J

·
0 Posts
well i always fit plugs as they come out of the box...(im lazy) but the only pre-gapped plugs are the ones the have a number after a dash....ie PMR7A-11 the number being the preset gap..

btw, pmr7a-11 isnt real i made it up so dont go looking for them. :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts