Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you on here ( but not on the 166 UK - Register fb ) who want to join in :-
Idea is, if you are interested in attending a mass 166 get together next year ?, then
put your name and location ( City or County will do ) down on here by end November.

The centre of gravity (location) of those interested will dictate which venue we choose,
or at least nearest central event for everyone, when complete I will shift the listing on
here over to the Register thread - or you can go direct and put it on there.....Jim.:party:

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
On a separate thread some indicated interest , are you four OK ? with me adding you to the list on the 166 Register fb thread ,
it has had a very promising response in just a matter of hours ( circa 25 so far ).....let me know via here please - Tar Jim.
Namely - Haydn (Leeds) / Mick (Dublin) / Derek (Manchester) and Avocet (NW Cumbria).

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
quite a few on here have 164's not 166es..Avocet and Derek I believe have 164's....so the question is: is the meet for 166es or 164s and 166s?

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thought that might come up......

quite a few on here have 164's not 166es..Avocet and Derek I believe have 164's....so the question is: is the meet for 166es or 164s and 166s?
Guessed this would happen and I have no problem including the 164's , I am however an interloper on the
166 UK Register FaceBook ( I'm not an AROC member ) - a bit cheeky in starting this on there I guess but
well intended. Let me ask them the question ( suggestion ) and confirm back to you on here - OK ....Jim.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Okey dokey ....

Sounds good! I have a pair of 166s in Durham. Can I suggest you look into overnight camping at the venue? Cheers.
I take your point but we are some way from choosing a venue as yet , we are collecting names & locations
through November to then compare the centre of gravity with most central venue(s) that emerge from the
2020 Event Calenders in December. I will put you down on the list ( that makes 28 so far ) - Jim.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Mmmmmmm awkward.....

166 in Berkshire.

My wife will be concerned if I vanish for the day “to meet some blokes from the Internet”
MMMMM - now you mention it , does look a bit dodgy does'nt it , however I suspect the venue will
be one of the major meets ( AROC / Auto-Italia ) so think we will get away with it :judge::jester:

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
OK, synopsis of the pattern so far:-
A good initial response (29) to encourage others to join in through the coming weeks of November period. Somewhere in England
seems to be the most likely venue(s) for a meet with 85% of the responses, so far.
Two large zones are equally dominant, as follows :-
THE NORTH - with a potential (11) made up of- Lanc's-5,York's-3,Cumbria-1,Durham-1 & Scotland-1.
THE SOUTH - with a potential (12) made up of- London-3,Essex-2,Kent-1,Berk's-1,Reading-1,Oxford-1,Devizes-1,Bristol-1 & Devon-1.
CENTRAL - A sub-group of Birmingham-1,Coventry-2 & Wilt's-1 could attach themselves to either (or both) the North or South set.
IRELAND - Dublin-2 & N.Ireland-1 could conceivably, via Holyhead, align themselves with the North set too.
I will now update this on a weekly basis ( to keep this thread visible ) through November - pending receipt of the 2020 Event Calender (Dec?).
Cheers - Jim.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Would be interested. I'm in Yorkshire, depending on numbers could look at Newby Hall or Lotherton, possibly tag on to an Alfa or Italian car event.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Up north?....

Would be interested. I'm in Yorkshire, depending on numbers could look at Newby Hall or Lotherton, possibly tag on to an Alfa or Italian car event.

OK will add you to the 'interested' listing - might well be looking for some advice on potential 'Italian' friendly venues
up in the York's/Lanc's area cos , being a suvvener , I don't know it that well - keep watching this thread - Jim.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
UPDATE :-
Scotland - now 3
The North - now 12
Central - 4
The South - now 15
Ireland - 3
Running total - 37

·
Registered
265 Posts

Yes, it's a great idea to tag it onto an Italian car event as there's other interesting stuff to look at as well & thus some will be more inclined to go. Auto Italia magazine do their excellent Italian Car Day in May at Brooklands & usually at Stanford Hall in Sept just off the M1 in Leicestershire. They're always well-attended with lots of rare & interesting Italian cars classic & modern (and not just the typical plethora of Ferrari's...). AROC do a couple of national meets / events in Spring / Summer as well of course. Personally I prefer the Auto Italia ones simply because there's lots more there. I'm sure as well they'd mention it in their mag beforehand there's going to be an Alfa 166 & 164-fest if we tell them early enough.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts