Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please has anyone got a spare yellow central locking relay...mine went before and now the second hand one I found has stopped working...well it is intermittent...it works sometimes!
Basically the door locks don't lock at all...either with the remote or the key...

·
Registered
497 Posts
Please has anyone got a spare yellow central locking relay...mine went before and now the second hand one I found has stopped working...well it is intermittent...it works sometimes!
Basically the door locks don't lock at all...either with the remote or the key...
Have you tried to re-solder the PCB?
Such a manipulation gave a 100% positive result recently. The symptoms were the same as described.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Have you tried to re-solder the PCB?
Such a manipulation gave a 100% positive result recently. The symptoms were the same as described.
I spray the two solenoids with elecrical cleaner, plus some 600 grit paper...and now all good. In fact, I believe only one of the solenoids was dirty because the locks would always unlock...but hardly ever lock.
I tried this on my previous faulty yellow relay to no avail...but it worked this time.

Nothing obviously bad looking on the pcb on either of them, but cleaning was a simple fix this time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.