Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ken ah um insured wie Saga...BUT.does that mean that everything in ma life hus tae be the same.:lol:

NS window on pomeo intermittent on an odd occasion,usually even numbered dates..weird that...and it eventually gave up the ghost completely.

The motor unit is rivetted on to the window mechanism and the motor is crimped onto the moto unit.
A new one is quite dear but I was going to get one and then I spotted John c's on ebay.

I was a wee bitty concerned as it was off the mechanism arm but I thought WTF I can dril it oot and jist bolt the new one on...Simple eh....that Royal guy again...Simple my grass.

The motors arrived the day toute suite from john boy...Thanks very much indeed the best presented and protected ebay parcel ever:thumbs:...Hmmm diferent type of motor...ah it'll fit.

Drilled the old one off....it bent the first drill..no force on it even.....the new holes jist dinnae line up.Not even one of them .

So methinks ..I'll huv a bash at fixing the old motor it may just need brushes.....Wow goat it open .....It's a flaming nightmare......anyone tried this in the past and if so how'd you get on.

Is it new arm time.

Pomeo

PS Nae wunner they are trez expenseeeve.quality stuff.:lol:

·
Registered
10,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
sorry can't help P

but JohnC wrapping is better than mine at Xmas :lol:

he's taken ebay packing to a new level...
:cheese::cheese::cheese:

I know exactly what you mean P

the wife went awe..she thought when the pretty parcel arrived it was like her birthday and Xmas rolled into one.

You should have seen her face when she realised it was for me

You must have heard her where you are when I unwrapped the window motors.

:cheese:

Pomeo

·
Registered
10,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Well it is a blooming SAGA.

After getting John boy's motors and faerting about without success yet a wee bracket the right shape and size would have been perfect.....then a search on ebay the other day wingmirrorwummin was selling brand new ones in march for £60. 10 available ..selt nane...I phoned ...they have nane left....now that is magic....Well ebay came to the rescue again and I got 1 furra tenner and hey presto all back together...the only drawback is it is a rivetted one too...but as long as it works....So where did the 10 good ones go.

I have a bit left nover tho...does anyone ken where the rubber grommet thingy goes ?
The only bit I see is the round bit on the mechanism near the motor....That's what happens when you eave things in bits for a wee while and you have the onset of forgetfullness.

Also the odd shaped metal part on the top bit that attaches to the window, does it have a rubber covers on it?
Pomeo

1 - 5 of 5 Posts