Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Simonp has listed a glasses site for valuing your car.

http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/general-alfa-discussion/136759-handy-valuation-link.html

Pomeo is listed now valued as not sure if original price includes sat nav and leather

but

new 1999............................................£26,262.
2nd chap before me march 02 .................£9,000.
chap before me 2004.............................£ 6,000
me jan 2005.........................................£ 2,600
reatil now (Glass)..................................£ 3,980

BUT below average condition......£745
averagecondition.....................£865
excellent condition...................£985.

So if you bought her new and never sold her on and really looked after your car perfectly for nine years you could get a better deal of £240.................magic isnt it.
try it yourself i was amazed.

Pigfarmer try it out for yours and see if you got a deal.

But the real question is where do you get the cars at the lower prices..car markets?
The prices of the 3.2's are very low in excellent condition but where can you really get one for those prices..Trade only or barnd new customers only..he he.

Pomeo

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
£28,995 new, retail £4080. There's no way a dealer would be able to charge that for a '99 Super!

Note that the Desira 3.2 FL mentioned elsewhere on the forum is valued at £6750 from a dealer but, as a trade-in, they'd only give you between £2740 and £3410!

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
The Alfa dealer was scared to give me a trade in value on the 3.2 Ti against a £20k Brera. I prompted him saying you are only going to offer me around £3k aren't you, he nodded! :( I then told him that I therefore wanted a deal without trade in as I had sold it privately anyway with £8750 already agreed :D He had the cheek to say he would therefore knock £250 off the Brera!

I agree with Tony that the calculator is very optomistic on retail prices!

·
Registered
10,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is it not just the case in these guides ,as with many tings in life, that experts know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

At pomeos price that would only get you a cambelt service....:cheese:

And the above is the real reason for all the stock market crashes and the price of oil.
Pomeo

1 - 6 of 6 Posts