Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi lads, I appealed the amount of VRT I had to pay on the 166 I bought up the North a couple of months ago, the good news is I'll be getting back approx 50% of what I paid. They estimated the value of a 2004 166 was just under €10,000 and I argued the value was more like €4500 to €5000 (I backed this up with letters from main dealers and Ad's from Autotrader) They have informed me they have revised their estimate of the car to €5000 (hopefully this will be reflected in the online calculator for future purchases) If anyone is looking for more details feel free to PM me, regards, Kieran.
I'd like to thank digger58 for his advise on how to deal with this.

·
Registered
6,740 Posts
Hi lads, I appealed the amount of VRT I had to pay on the 166 I bought up the North a couple of months ago, the good news is I'll be getting back approx 50% of what I paid. They estimated the value of a 2004 166 was just under €10,000 and I argued the value was more like €4500 to €5000 (I backed this up with letters from main dealers and Ad's from Autotrader) They have informed me they have revised their estimate of the car to €5000 (hopefully this will be reflected in the online calculator for future purchases) If anyone is looking for more details feel free to PM me, regards, Kieran.
I'd like to thank digger58 for his advise on how to deal with this.
Nice one Kikih

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Fair play, I love to hear of the taxman being screwed over, he does it to me everyday

·
Registered
890 Posts
SWEET...good start to the new year
I got a tax rebate of €1200 as well last week. They must be going soft

1 - 6 of 6 Posts