Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My mate has a 2000 2.5 V6 166 that he is about to break and has offered me any parts that I want for free. Not wanting to look a gift horse in the mouth I was wondering what if anything would transfer across. The Brembo 4 pot calipers look good but I have no idea if anything would fit...it has a beautiful interior with sat nav etc.....any ideas are welcome!

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
My mate has a 2000 2.5 V6 166 that he is about to break and has offered me any parts that I want for free. Not wanting to look a gift horse in the mouth I was wondering what if anything would transfer across. The Brembo 4 pot calipers look good but I have no idea if anything would fit...it has a beautiful interior with sat nav etc.....any ideas are welcome!
If the steering wheel has radio control buttons, grab it. Apparently it is the same basic wheel, but the buttons can be interfaced to aftermarket radios. If if does have the buttons and you don't want it, I'll have it :lol:

P

·
0 Posts
Will the q2 diff fit? (If it has one) I am looking for a good 2nd hand q2 you see. If this fits I can widen the search.

will the flywheel fit? (as I understand a lightened version is possible by swapping parts)

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It is a standard steering wheel, the three armed version as opposed to the four like on the early Ph 1's - no audio though. I have the three armed version already in mine.

Sorry, no idea about the Q2....

What about the brakes - the discs look pretty big and the calipers look good?

·
Registered
873 Posts
Callipers - clearance. The GTV 3.0 had bigger callipers than the 2.0 but the V6 166s I think are bigger still. In theory they would fit but you'd need to check whether GTV 3.0 alloys have enough clearance at the back to fit over the calliper. Note the stud pattern on 166s is different to GTV/156 etc. :eek:

·
Registered
8,916 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Face-lift. The last 166's were the only ones with audio steering wheel controls.
Not so, I owned a 02 pre face-lift model with controls on the wheel. And yes, the 166 steering wheel fits in a 916. I once saw a 166 wooden rim wheel in a Spider, very nice!

·
Registered
8,916 Posts
Not so, I owned a 02 pre face-lift model with controls on the wheel. And yes, the 166 steering wheel fits in a 916. I once saw a 166 wooden rim wheel in a Spider, very nice!
In the Uk then :rolleyes:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts