Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey. Wondering what you guys use when you have changed your suspension arms on the front. There are cheap ones on eBay, but with other ebay ball joints I've bought, they last about 2000 miles. Am I better off going main dealer and paying through the nose for longevity's sake? If anyone has had some durable success with new front upper and lower arms, please let me know where you got them from! Cheers ?!

·
Registered
761 Posts
I don;t have experience of cheap stuff on a 166, but I've learned my lesson with my Volvo. On heavy cars, and with our awful roads the suspension components are really pushed to their limit. So the old adage of "buy cheap buy twice" has never been more true. I went through 3 sets of cheap drop links on my Volvo (last set were rattling within a month) before finally paying more for Meyle HD ones.

So, for the 166 I'd advice buying from somewhere like Alfaworkshop (for example).

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok thanks GL. I know, I used to replace the front drop links on my Xantia every six months, with eBay ten pound a pair ones. With the air suspension it was easy... Didn't even need to take the wheels off ? Wishbones are a bit harder to do though so guess I'll have to get tidy ones... Week double the value of the car in the process too by the look of it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts