Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I asked MIJ Performance for a quote for a 166 3.0 V6 24v super this is the answer;..........:thumbs:

The cat-back stainless steel exhaust system (mid & rearsection) you've requested for a Alfa Romeo 166 will cost £374.99 this is fully inclusive of fuel discount (£25), vat & fitting. I've included a round tailpipe in the quotation, you can choose an alternative or upgrade (various twin tailpipes etc.) from our extensive range of 40 tailpipes if you wish.

Alfa Romeo Exhaust, Sports Cat, Backbox, Performance Exhaust :: UK

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
Nice quote, have you got a 166 to fit it to yet?

·
Registered
2,866 Posts
i had my rear box made by them, sounded a bit loud to begin with but quietened down after a few miles, quality is spot on, the tail pipes are a bit limited for anything other than max power type things but i did get a nice round twin tailpipe that looks perfect for the 166, bigger than standard but just right. cost me £195 fitted, took 3 hours to measure, make and fit. id use them again.

i think they may have lowered their prices as your quote is a lot less than they quoted me for mid and rear, my mid was nearly new so i only had the rear replaced.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice quote, have you got a 166 to fit it to yet?
Not yet m8 but I'm just getting a few quotes for a few things & I was reading a thread about some guy paying £450 for a standard back box (I don't think so....lol) thats the sort guy I am,I like to sort bits out before I get things if u see wot I mean......:D within the next couple of months I'll be getting a 166 super so I'm just doing my homework before I spend my dosh........:D

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
Good stuff! My dad is a bit like yourself - he wont buy a car until he checks price of brake pads, oil & air filter etc.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I paid £300 inc VAT for my powerflow cat-back system in March this year. Noisy as hell to start with and with a terrible deep hum which filled the cabin but after a couple of return visits to the dealer they sorted it out and now it has lovely throaty sound from outside and quiet inside.

·
Registered
26,529 Posts
Remus & Supersprint are two more choices !

·
Registered
6,300 Posts
anybody got a remus or supersprint box? My exhaust is well on it's way now - one of the mounting brackets has sheared off the back box so it's held up with fence wire :D

I'm torn between a cheap OEM style one from germany like this or i've also spotted a S-POWER one for not much more here. The remus etc are a fair chunk more but maybe worth the extra??

·
Registered
26,529 Posts
Remus is cheaper than the Supersprint. About £300 compared to £450. Pro Speed & Longlife are about £200 for a backbox, but I had problems with Longlife on my last car.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts