Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
fellow Alfisti......
My 166 needs rear lower wishbones but I can't find parts anywhere, tried Grandons (he checked entire ROI & UK alfa fiat psrts network & none available, he told me they were discontinued) tried mickgarage, premier etc etc but no luck.

Has anyone ever sucessfully removed & replaced the bushes from the rear wishbones ?

Anyone got spare 166 parts for sale ?

Thanks in advance folks

·
Administrator
87,304 Posts

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
You'd be better off having a look in the 166 forum. Plenty of suspension talk over there.

Try Don Baker for parts/advice as well.

D

·
0 Posts
Try The Lee man, they will def be able to find and fit it handy enough for you too.

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
Not sure if you can replace the bushes with OEM parts, afaik you have to replace the whole wishbone. Some owners used poly bushes (search for powerflex), but not everybody was happy with the result (and the noise).

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
fellow Alfisti......
My 166 needs rear lower wishbones but I can't find parts anywhere, tried Grandons (he checked entire ROI & UK alfa fiat psrts network & none available, he told me they were discontinued) tried mickgarage, premier etc etc but no luck.

Has anyone ever sucessfully removed & replaced the bushes from the rear wishbones ?

Anyone got spare 166 parts for sale ?

Thanks in advance folks

I've read about someone in the same position as yourself around 2 months ago. There is a shortage. The thread outlined where they replaced the bushings with slightly oversized ones successfully... I’ll keep searching.......

·
Registered
13,001 Posts
This is the Merc Bushe part number

Mercedes part number.2013520027

·
Registered
13,001 Posts
I did them when I bought the 166 so had kept the info :thumbs:

·
Registered
5,949 Posts

·
Registered
13,001 Posts
Yes Mr Rory youre right , the Merc part is in mine and with no adverse effects and they are cheaper

Mr Fellow corkinian (berti!) If you need the merc part let me know I can see what they will cost from my Auto factor ! Not as cheap as 20 yoyo's though Rory ( if I remember ! ) then again I forgot I have alzheimers !:D

·
Registered
5,949 Posts
The merc bush (rose joint) is for the stub axle and not the wishbone but I think Mercedes retail them at 17 euro approx
So I was right and wrong!!! :)

·
Registered
5,949 Posts
1 - 20 of 26 Posts