Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guiys,

wifey's having some issues with her 166.

The central locking goes down at a push of the FOB and activates the alarm. But when she returns to unlock the car - pushes the FOB, the alarm deactivates, the door locks pops up and then lock again.?!

This happens e verytime.. I can lock and unlock the car manually from the drivers (LHD) side, and it seems like the pin/lock on the drivers side doesn't go upfrom tje lcoked position..

Any idea.? A faulty relay? faulty motor? faulty xXx???

any help much appreciated :)

·
Banned
537 Posts
i had the same problem. but thank god my grandpa has it with tehnic issues. i removed the locking from the drivers door. opened it. and i found out that that little engine(motor) was gone. i had to buy new ones for the front doors. 200 euros both. i couldn't save the old ones. my car did like so. when i tryed to open the doors by alarm remote the locking went up and down for about 10 seconds until it entered the protection mode. if you want to check which one of it is dead you con remove the connector from a door and try to lock it. if it does the same try to recconect the one you removed and then remove the one from the opposite door. if it does the same both are dead (my case). good luck mate (ps: hello stuart)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts