Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
10,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have only ever looked at the LED display on the dash and read the display.
Tonight however ,for the first time, I looked down at the PRND indicator on the central console.....the P N and R changed colour when in the selected position BUT the D doesn't change colour......Is this correct or have I a faulty indicator.

I was going to post in the subtle detail but it may not just be subtle and is a faulty led or whatever.
Pomeo

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
I have had this on both my 166's, in my old one ocasionally it would iluminate - so therefore a loose conection has cause it not to - doesn't light up in my new one either! burnt out bulb maybe?

·
Registered
22 Posts
:cheese: :eek: :cheese: Pomeo,
Had same problem 2-3 months ago...
There is set of green and amber LED's - all green is always on and amber one comming on depending of lever position (PWM signal from gear box controler). Just find one amber 3mm dia LED and replace (soldering iron). LED MUST be amber od red becose strange electrical connectionotherwise will no lit (red and amber LEDs have lover working voltage than green one).
BTW i replace all amber with red and looks cool.
Milan:cheese: :eek: :cheese: :eek:

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Funny - same problem here too. Was going to dig into it but not got round to it yet. Wondered if it would be 'pea' bulbs or LEDs.. so now I know! Worth doing in that case. Lunchtime job I think.....might try red ones.

·
Registered
10,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I've not noticed it in 2.5 years ...I'm just going to live with mine....The mileage backlight started working on it's own after a year of not working.

Pomeo

·
Registered
10,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That's pretty good. I wonder how far this "its fixed its self" theory can be taken?

Stuart
Excellent for backlights and oil filters but as 166 says shotless for springs.:cheese:

Surely you all most of heard of S H I T ?

Self
Healing
Italian
Technology
:cheese: :cheese: :cheese:

Is their not and E on the end....Used to be Electrics BUT now Electronics.

Pomeo

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
talking of lights, more over dashboard lights, on my old 166 when you turn on the lights if you go to the right both clicks you get 2 lights on the dashboard, but in my new one i only get the >o< also on the new one i have a different symbol for Cruise, i used to have the word Cruise ,now i have a speedo symbol...anyone had this?

·
Registered
10,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
talking of lights, more over dashboard lights, on my old 166 when you turn on the lights if you go to the right both clicks you get 2 lights on the dashboard, but in my new one i only get the >o< also on the new one i have a different symbol for Cruise, i used to have the word Cruise ,now i have a speedo symbol...anyone had this?

PF I think everyone is tailormade.:cheese:

Yep check the handbooks and they are as different as the keys...continuous modifications...Look on eper for the long list of dash displays....
At least they are not like Vauxhall and you are driving alog thinking you lights are on as the speedo is illuminated....it has th ewee...>:<

Just noticed 2 days ago misty condensation in the OSF headlamp...never had that before but it was monsoon condtions and headlamps on to see and be seen.I know foglights have that issue but was unaware of :cheese: headlamps until the other day.

Pomeo

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Took the centre console panel off when I got to work today so I can check/replace the LEDs lunchtime......and I found that irritating 'reverse' beeper!! That's coming out while I'm in there.....

·
Registered
10,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
.and I found that irritating 'reverse' beeper!! That's coming out while I'm in there.....
WHY? CHRISS.

I LOVE IT.

PASSENGERS JUST DUCK WHEN I REVERSE AS THE THINK AN ARTIC IS ABOUT TO PUMELL THEM.I JUST WET MYSELF LAUGHING.
Pomeo

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
It's infuriating. I know the car is in reverse, I put it there! Maybe if it was a bit more melodic I could tolerate it, but it's just a shrill annoying bleat.

·
Registered
10,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It's infuriating. I know the car is in reverse, I put it there! Maybe if it was a bit more melodic I could tolerate it, but it's just a shrill annoying bleat.
Aye just like a lorry reversing.:) I like it:p

Pomeo

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Well, replaced the duff LED. FWIW, a red one worked best. Although they look amber, the original ones look a lot more red when illuminated. I tried an amber one to start, but it looked wrong, and by way of a confirmation it is a red LED, the forward voltage is 1.3V, where an amber is usually more like 1.8V

Also removed that darn beeper as well........

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
the problem with that beeper is you have to tell peopple if they are driving your car that its not a parkign sensor!

·
Registered
10,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well, replaced the duff LED. FWIW, a red one worked best. Although they look amber, the original ones look a lot more red when illuminated. I tried an amber one to start, but it looked wrong, and by way of a confirmation it is a red LED, the forward voltage is 1.3V, where an amber is usually more like 1.8V

Also removed that darn beeper as well........
Well done chris ..good info...any pictures for me and stu's haynes 166 manual? beep beep ...was that road runner or wylie coyote:cheese:

the problem with that beeper is you have to tell peopple if they are driving your car that its not a parkign sensor!

crash.....with me when I test drove Lacey it was getting the darn key out with the beeping confusing me big style.

Pomeo

1 - 20 of 21 Posts