Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the topic suggests, I'd like to get rid of my slightly brown fluid and replace it with lovely fresh, red nectar.

Does anyone happen to know the best way to flush the system? More specifically, where's the easiest spot to drain the fluid from?

Thanks for any input as usual :)

·
Registered
10,943 Posts
As the topic suggests, I'd like to get rid of my slightly brown fluid and replace it with lovely fresh, red nectar.

Does anyone happen to know the best way to flush the system? More specifically, where's the easiest spot to drain the fluid from?

Thanks for any input as usual :)
OK Gotcha.....Gotta separate the wheat fray the chaff.

Last time eye dun wan o these beasties was in the early 80's when eye stuck a noo power steering rack oan my Triumph Stag. Boy was it deer in they days.

Cannae recall if there was a drain plug on the rack so have a look and see if one there on the 166.If no find lowest pipe joint. darin the lot and replace the fluid wie new stuff.
IIRC the way to bleed the system was drive slowly going from full lock one way to full lock the other a few time to make sure.

Run this for a few months and do the same again and a guid percentage if no awe the auld fluid wull have been replaced wie the good stuff.

I am awaiting a mechanical fail to follow your lead in replacing the fluid.

HTH

Pomeo

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks Pomeo, you think a flush could lead to mechanical issues? I thought as long as I keep using the red stuff it should be ok? Not sure if I want to do it now. ;) Too many issues lately.

Edit: After reading your reply a couple of times I think I misunderstood. You're saying you won't do anything until there's a mechanical fault. I thought you meant you were expecting something mechanical to fail on my car after the change.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts