Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone ever had this problem? The 166 i have, once had the nokia phonekit in it.. someone cut the cradle cable and the wee mike that was fitted in beside the interior light.
so once i enter the code when i start car my main menu says phone at the top...and when i press phone button it says no phone connected. It also stops the radio from working as i get no sound through my speakes whatso ever.. I think that the crude disasemble of the phone kit makes the ics unit still think that its on handsfree mode...anyway to reset or clear??? or do i totally need to get it replaced?? basically the only thing to work on ics unit is climate control. (never was satnav anyway) please hekp if anyone out there knows a way around this.

·
Registered
10,889 Posts
166 kiwi from dublin?

shurely;) 166 shamrock.

anyway.

no pnobne slot on ics no phone.

Some moron had done the same to Pomeos before I got her.
I searched google and got the Nokia phone kit for around £20.That was 5 years ago...all I needed was the cradle and the speaker but was costing more than the whole kit.That was 4 years ago now.The rest is history.:D

Good luck

Pomeo

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the reply...may bypass whole ics yet..as all i want is to play music i car, but when cd multi changer or tape put in it's still dead and no noise through speakers..even though I damn wel know that speakers work!.. am terrified of messing with ics too much as dont want to lose the climate system..at this satge looks like i may get a unit that plays mp3s and rig that directly to speakers and mount in boot.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts