Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Such a horrible week i've had an having in my personal life, split with my girlfriend....so onto the (automotive) mistress which is my 166. Have ordered a new front grille badge to replace my faded one. Need a new gearknob & need to get down & really clean the car ie vacumming, polishing etc etc. Take some "arty" shots soon, will put them up here

:)

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
I want you to picture this very clearly in your head.

Imagine a set of scales.... On one side is a well maintaned 166 and on the other side is a happy partner.

Its not easy being a married 166 owner until you have master the art of lying and secret bank accounts!

Seriously though sorry to here of your pesonal problems. but you car sounds like its going to be awsome!

Stuart

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Got my new grille badge yesterday & fitted it, absolutely lovely to see that restored, although ever-so-slightly damaged the chrome surround whilst prising out the old one, but not noticeable unless really close up....so in the future I'll replace the whole surround (when I have a spare £60) & the plastic chrome underneath the headlight, although I'll prob pick that up in a scrappy...

Now to sort this stupid oxygen sensor this weekend & hopefully get the engine light to stay off completely instead of coming on every 125 miles or so..grrrrr.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
sorry to hear about your faded badge mate;)

·
Registered
6,165 Posts
agh I hate slpit ups! Suck man!!! but yeh now is a good time to get a hobby and make your 166 look awesome and just enjoy it"

·
Registered
379 Posts
An Alfa is a true companion and one to give you continuous joy,unlike
ehm.................:eek:
166's...can't live with them,can't live with them...:lol:

·
Registered
234 Posts
Got my new grille badge yesterday & fitted it, absolutely lovely to see that restored, although ever-so-slightly damaged the chrome surround whilst prising out the old one.....
If you have to do it again, the trick to getting the old one off without damaging the chrome surround is to carefully drill a hole in the badge face, about 10mm should do it, and then gently lever off with a screwdriver through the hole.

·
Registered
10,966 Posts
Just wait till she sees the NEW motor A166I...Then when she wants back just say :)
Big Mistake Massive..:thumbs:

The only thing more reliable than a 166 is a 4 legged friend.:wow: :thumbs: :D

Pomeo

Just remember 1 door shuts another door opens.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No she was with me when I got it, although she liked the car she wasn't into my enthusiasm with cars

·
Registered
4,191 Posts
Now to sort this stupid oxygen sensor this weekend & hopefully get the engine light to stay off completely instead of coming on every 125 miles or so..grrrrr.
mine failed the MOT on the oxygen sensor - the only thing it failed on (although the car was running fine and there was no light on)

what a git of a job!

the best bet is to kinda 'jiggle' the new sensor down the gap in the engine bay where the wire runs, and then wrestle with the old one to get it out. even using a friends garage, lift and lots of tools, it took me about an hour and a half!

still, passed the MOT with flying colours afterwards, and i've gained a couple of MPG!
:)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts