Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
155, 166 & MiTo
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I've driven 2 166's ever ... one of which is mine .. but both demonstrated the same tendancy ... not to cancel the indicator after cornering ... sometimes they would, sometimes they wouldn't and it made no difference whether you turned left or right.

Both were 2.0 TS '01 models, but different spec levels.

Anyone else experieced this or was I just unlucky?

Variator

·
Registered
788 Posts
MY 2001 T/spark,cancelled no problem,but I have had a V6 for
a month ,and it does not cancel after a left hand turn,very annoying!

·
Registered
10,915 Posts
My 2 are the same also.Just so used to it now.

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
No cancel on my left indicator, Ok for right.

Not unusual - I am sure it is easily fixed if it is worth the hassle of removing airbag wheel!

·
Registered
20 Posts
My 2.0 TS from 2001 has the same problem. It dosen't cancel on right turns. I have heard that it's a common fault on the 166.

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
Dearests 147 the same, mind you her previous Peugeot 307 HDI didn't cancel at all!! So at least her 147 is half correct.

·
Registered
6,300 Posts
hmmm - maybe i'll get my self a steering wheel puller and have a look...got a nice two tone steering wheel that needs fitted as well :)

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
I have sorted this common fault on cars of mine in the past but cannot be ar**d trying on the 166!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Yep, same here - on left turns. I was told by dealer that it was another 'Alfaism'. Not really fussed about it anymore though.

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
It sounds to me like the indicator stork actuator has not clicked home correctly, should be an easy fix by removing the steering wheel and ensuring the stork base has clicked home in the column base. Normally only a 1 to 2mm difference, that's why some times it works turning one way and not the other.

M

·
0 Posts
My 147's the same. I've read threads about this on here before and I think its just a common thing on Alfa's

·
Registered
4,150 Posts

·
Registered
10,915 Posts
:tut: :tut: Tut Tut Dougie...You can get the jail for that.:p

stork sounded better.Straight out of chinese translation of instluction manual.

I just can't tell stork from butter now.:) :)
P

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Mine cancel on right turns 100%, but on left turns it seems to depend on the outside temperature - 49deg F & they work both sides, anything else & LH doesn't cancel :D

I might mess about with the mounting when it turns warmer outside.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts