Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey again guys,

i havent been totally absent incase people though i had. lol just been working. .. good to be working again really.
so .. i have also been on the look out for an Alfa again. im kinda looking at a 166 at the mo, and wondering what i should be on the look out for aside from the usual stuff. anything specific with them??

its a 2001 2 liter t.spark.
timming belt done at 74k with 93k on the clock
and he's looking for 1100 for it... good price ?

wouldn't surprise me if it didnt belong to someone on here actually. out in walkinstown in dublin.

also keep my eye on a 156 and a 147. but i can manage with them ok.

·
Registered
4,623 Posts
To be honest.. that 166 has been for sale for a fair amount of months now. Seen it on adverts as well. Someone asked him about service history and the chap said that his "mechanic" done everything on the car but no receipts. Because of that I'd walk away from it.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ah ok fair enough.

ill go back to looking at that 156 then. out in swords. 2001 1.8 with 89k on the clock, only looking for like 500 for it i think. says a bit smokey though, so possible the ehad is gone. ill know more if i get to see it.

id have to buy a car, then sell my own cos i need it to get to work. so wouldnt be in a mad hurry to get what ever i buy on the road right away. so dont mind a bit of work.

·
Registered
5,942 Posts
ah ok fair enough.

ill go back to looking at that 156 then. out in swords. 2001 1.8 with 89k on the clock, only looking for like 500 for it i think. says a bit smokey though, so possible the ehad is gone. ill know more if i get to see it.

id have to buy a car, then sell my own cos i need it to get to work. so wouldnt be in a mad hurry to get what ever i buy on the road right away. so dont mind a bit of work.
If it's a 166 I would seriously consider this one:

Alfa Romeo 166 2.0 SPORTIVO 4D - €3,950 - Used Cars on Carzone.ie - New & Used Cars in Ireland

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Get a 156 man, you'd only find the 2l too slow after coming from a levin.

·
Registered
5,942 Posts
That looks like the one that was up for close to 6k recently (might have even been a private sale as well IIRC)
I think the one you are thinking of was a dark grey one?

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
true damien i know it will be a big power drop. was even looking at a v6 156 that has been for sale for near ever out in leopardstown. but with the new tax rates im not so sure anymore.

as for that 166.. its nice, but i think i have a real problem with the interior. full cream with a black steering wheel. looks so odd. and tbh its far too much cream i think. it is a nice car all the same.

might go out and look at the V6 if its still there, which it prob will be. only prob is no tax or nct. so that will be 1100 on tax and what ever to get it ready for the nct.

ill prob end up keeping what i have a while longer though, or atleast till i find something that i really want to spend the money one.

D

·
0 Posts
They really need a black leather interior to be honest to make them look well or tan never cream it's too bright looking if that makes any sense.

Emm think about it this way it's only about 20 notes a week if you brought your own lunch into work everyday or whatever you'd have tax saved right there.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
They really need a black leather interior to be honest to make them look well or tan never cream it's too bright looking if that makes any sense.

Emm think about it this way it's only about 20 notes a week if you brought your own lunch into work everyday or whatever you'd have tax saved right there.
yeah i dont mind the cream, but there is jsut too much of it.

LOL i bring my own lunch in anyway :) plus im hoping to rent a place early next year so have to see how the funds go. on the plu side, that V6 has been there for about a year allready, so i prob could talk him down a good bit. looking for 1700 at the mo on it.

2002 with 100k on it ... or so it says.
Alfa Romeo 156 For Sale For Sale in Leopardstown, Dublin. Buy 156

D

·
0 Posts
Jaysus that thing has been for sale for ever it was up for mad money before I think. Nice colour and spec too.

L

·
0 Posts
i had the 'privledge' of driving that V6

1. the clutch slips
2. the car has mis-fire on 1 if not 2 or perhaps 3 cylinders [ suspect the rear banks ]
3. error code P1314 [ relates to BANK 2 lambda ] which is the rear bank
4. the ASR & ABS lights are on, could be steering angle sensor or a fuse issue
5. on the day i seen it [ 2 months ago ] he could not find the log book

I offered him €800 for it to which he almost agreed.

L

·
0 Posts

1. the clutch slips
2. the car has mis-fire on 1 if not 2 or perhaps 3 cylinders [ suspect the rear banks ]

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

1. the clutch slips

WOW ... I actually put a post up about that car a while ago asking if anyone knew anything, lucky you showed up ... still 800 .. could be worth a punt maybe. i know my last alfa i paid 3k for and put 3k into it, bringing it back up to market price (at the time)

if i do go to see it then i dont think ill be offering anything over that. but thanks for the info man. good catch :) :thumbs:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts