Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 166 2.0 TS 6 months ago and this is my first AR. The car is great and looks great and I am happy to say that I have only had minor problems with it such as changing light bulbs, the doors and locks generally do not like temperatures below 0 degrees Celcius.

But I do not have the manual for the ICU. Most of it is self-explaining but the trip part is not (to me at at least) and it would be nice to have a manual. Any idea where I can get it? I would of course prefer a soft copy.

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
manual doen't help much with trip comp mch. Mine always does its own thing. The "local" trip seems to make its own mind up when to reset. I would have though every time you take key out of ignition, but no sometimes carries on for several small trips. Bit irritating

·
Registered
15 Posts
CrispDust said:
manual doen't help much with trip comp mch. Mine always does its own thing. The "local" trip seems to make its own mind up when to reset. I would have though every time you take key out of ignition, but no sometimes carries on for several small trips. Bit irritating
Yeah it does seem to have a mind of its own - I found that if you select it then scroll down to reset and hold the scroll button in for a few seconds it resets it.

·
Registered
39 Posts
CrispDust said:
I have always had the impression that it resets itself when the engine cools down. I.e. if you take the key out of the ignioton for a period of time not long enough for the engine to cool down below its operational temperature, it wont reset the local trip reading.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
gra166 lusso said:
If you would like a photocopy of the information in the book, ill sort that out for you, pm me your address. No probs ;)
Many thanks that would be great. I PM´ed you my adress.
BtW: I can see from the replies above that I am not the only one puzzled by the ICU....:) But all in all I love the car and the way it stands out from the crowd visually. But some things are not logical. To me at least. F.ex. why is the boot lock not linked to the central locking. Why is there a trip counter in the normal dashboard and also one in the ICU. And why are they not showing exactly the same. Small things like that.

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
They’re Italians gremlins, In time you will not be able to live without those small italian idiosyncrasies...

Oh, and great to have another dane aboard, I used to be the only one for a couple of years :D

Cheers
-- Hoygaard

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hoygaard said:
They’re Italians gremlins, In time you will not be able to live without those small italian idiosyncrasies...

Oh, and great to have another dane aboard, I used to be the only one for a couple of years :D

Cheers
-- Hoygaard
Thanks. BtW Saw your pictures on www.hoygaard.com. Same colour as mine but looks like you did some things to it...:)

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
Yeah, couldn't keeb my grubby hands of it :D

But she's going soon, I'm hoping to part-ex her for a sportwagon ;)

(and sorry for not finishing the website and make the links work :rolleyes: )

-- Hoygs

1 - 9 of 9 Posts