Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everone,
I am sure happy to have found this forum as I just took delivery of a pre-owned year 2000 3.0 liter Sportronic166.
It has 81,000 km on it and needs a few things done.

The navigation knob on the ICS ( located at the Right lower corner of the screen) does not work. Can it be replaced and if so, does anyone have the part number and the steps involved in removing the panel?

Thanks for your time.

Wong

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
rx156 said:
Hello everone,
I am sure happy to have found this forum as I just took delivery of a pre-owned year 2000 3.0 liter Sportronic166.
It has 81,000 km on it and needs a few things done.

The navigation knob on the ICS ( located at the Right lower corner of the screen) does not work. Can it be replaced and if so, does anyone have the part number and the steps involved in removing the panel?

Thanks for your time.

Wong
When you say the 'Navigation Knob' - do you mean the round rubber button or the 'NAV' key?

If the 'NAV' key - do you actually have SatNav ;) (Check for the single slot CD Unit above the battery)

If the rubber button - press the 'TRIP' button & turn the knob - does anything happen? the highlight should move down the list of trip computer functions, pressing the knob in will select the function (Reset needs to be held in for 3/4 seconds to activate). The button doesn't have any function on some ICS menus.

The ICS unit can be found frequently on ebay & those that are sold as working typically fetch £100-200, but sometimes they come on as unknown condition & go for around £30 - may be able to mix & match if you are electronically trained :rolleyes:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good morning HowardM,
I'm referring to the round knob located just outside the right lower corner of the LCD screen, which is to highlight the various functions on the screen when it is turned.
Thanks for your reply but my ever resourceful mechanic has managed to get the knob to work by DIY-McGyver ingenuity :D .
It's also good to know it is available on ebay.
Have a good day.

Cheers,
Wong

1 - 3 of 3 Posts