Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It had to happen - I've found something not working on the V6 TB I've bought. The right-hand knob/dial on the ICS unit - it's called knob 11 in the instruction manual! - doesn't do what it's mainly supposed to, which is move from one option/setting on the screen to another. It's the same whichever programme (radio, cassette, sat nav - I don't have a CD changer) you choose. I've got it booked into an auto-radio outfit here next week but was wondering if anyone here had encountered the same fault and, if so, what happened. Or even if not, any thoughts as to what the problem might be. I'm really hoping it's fixable.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Nobody? :(

I found this thread from 13 years ago, which describes my ICS 'knob 11' fault more or less exactly. Unfortunately - and like many such threads - it just peters out with no resolution...
Alfa 166: Problems w/ controlbutton of the ICS

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
I'd imagine it can be fixed. No reason why it couldn't. But having the spares to do it might be a difficult.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thks for that scottyf - I very much hope you're right. So happens that the three 'programme' buttons immediately to the left of the dial don't illuminate properly - they flicker off and on, mostly off, tho they work fine - so possibly there's a connection there. I've got it booked into a car audio service/repair place on Thursday so we'll see.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They fixed it!

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
Hooray. I need to fix my temp down button on my ics. Damn thing broke when removing it. Ha damn it. Shiuld be a dimple fix on the push to make switch. I might give it a go myself one of the days mind.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts