Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

My Alfa seems to fear cold or something.

ICS system only works properly in the summer time. I usually drive more during summer also.
(battery changed last winter).

When winter comes few buttons stop workin (at the momen those buttons are "forward" "2" and "the right nob push mode").

So I cant even get it on at the moment because the right nob doesnt work, so I cant push in the code. (I disassembled the unit, didnt find anything visibly wrong).

HELP ME! Anyone else suffering from same kind of problems?

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Sounds like it'll need a replacement, I don't know how easy these things are to dismantle to a bare shell because it'll be thecircuits to the buttons & knobs that need sorting

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually it is quite easy to dismantle the ICS to bits and pieces.
But as i am not an electric engineer i don´t know how to properly diagnost
the problems. (i have tested that the wirings to buttons are ok, and the circuits looks fine, but there is not more that I could do)

It seems like that this is not a typical fault in 166...

·
Registered
10,915 Posts
Actually it is quite easy to dismantle the ICS to bits and pieces.
But as i am not an electric engineer i don´t know how to properly diagnost
the problems. (i have tested that the wirings to buttons are ok, and the circuits looks fine, but there is not more that I could do)

It seems like that this is not a typical fault in 166...
Pjotr eye um am electrical engineer (Class of 1976) .Calculators jist invented then and computers the size of skyscrapers jist to do the two times table.owever back to your problem.
Today I had to get to Kilmarnock to jump start my sons Astra which was being driven by my daughter.I had planned to watch Motherwell hump Kimarnock on Sky4 BUT had to jjump start the beastie.Got the car going and watched the second half in her house.
BUT
Pomeo was like meaties bat oot a hell the day.Was checking the MPG etc enroute BUT the RH button didn't always do what it was asked .I pressed from a different angle and it worked fine.Guess its jist like me ..Auld age.

I assume the button is like the window switches sum kind of surface mounted device.

Pomeo.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts