Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For those of you that don't have the ICS codes and haven't been locked out yet there is an easy way to obtain your ICS radio code and Navi code without pulling the unit out.

PM me if you want to know how, although it is already public knowledge.

Hopefully these pictures are what you should get. My question is, does anybody know what all the menus/options do? I wouldn't go messing :tut: with any of it though, as I don't know what any changes will do to your car/ICS. Just curious.:confused:

alfa166_ICS_int_set6666.jpg
The first code is the radio code, the second I am assuming is the navi code (even though I don't have one).

alfa166_ICS_options.jpg
No idea on this one, something to do with GPS nav?

alfa166_ICS_version.jpg
ICS software config and versions?

alfa166_ICS_version_hidden.jpg
Some hidden menus for upload of new software/settings? + Information for the trip/fuel economy?

alfa166_ICS_nacht.jpg
No idea?

alfa166_ICS_menu.jpg
Something to do with GSM settings? Don't have one of these either.

alfa166_ICS_dimmer.jpg
Light dimmer settings??

alfa166_ICS_soft_version.jpg
ICS Software version. Press CLIMA + right hand TWIZZLE knob together and hold until screen appears.

If anyone can shed a bit more light on the above I'd be very interested.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
How do I imbed the images?
I've tried and I'm pretty sure that the facility has been removed from this forum. Pity.

·
Registered
6,300 Posts
don't think so tony....i uploaded a wee pic of my towbar a couple of days ago. You need to go to "advanced" reply and select manage attachements.....

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Yes, it's the

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It appears for some reason some people can access the hidden menus, but no codes are given. Even for cars which have the same ICS version. If anyone as any ideas on why this might be I would be interested to know.
Also if people are getting different looking menus coming up could you post them up here? If you don't want to share you radio code, photoshop it.:cool:

·
Registered
8,918 Posts
I don't get any of this come up, just a boring info screen, I will take a pic and post asap so you can give your opinions. :)

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Lexio, can you just remind us how you got so many details on hidden menus?

Clima & dark, clima & right button work for me, but I haven't seen graphs of the climate control etc. before.

Cheers

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Lexio, can you just remind us how you got so many details on hidden menus?

Clima & dark, clima & right button work for me, but I haven't seen graphs of the climate control etc. before.

Cheers
If you get the same screen as me with menu items such as Odometer, Injection, Con\Nachlauf etc it is possible to scroll through these menu options using the right hand 'twizzle' knob. Then to select the menu press the 'twizzle' knob.

:tut: Now be carful if you do this, because on selecting some of these options the scrolling function of the knob is reversed. So if you press the knob it effectively scrolls through further options and if you twsit it, it changes the value!:tut:

Take pictures of each step so that if you mess up you know what the orginal numbers should be.

If in doubt press the MAIN button to get out or turn the ICS off. The only time this doesn't work is if you select one of the Upload menus and then you will get stuck for 15 mins or so what ever you do....unless you actually uploading something?!

Some of the menus are invisable until you use the 'twizzle' knob to scroll up/down and as you do so they appear...as if by magic.;)

To get the graph select Dimmer, the graph actually flashes very quickly on the screen so it took a few attempts to get a photo of it.

I still haven't figured out what a lot of this stuff is/does so I won't be changing any of the settings and I would reccomend that you don't change them either.

I lot of the info looks like it's part of the trip system for calculation of mpg, fuel level etc. A lot of the other info looks like it is for GPS Nav and GSM Phone, but I have neither of these on my car.

It may be worth people posting their findings here with a picture of the main hidden screen, along with the ICS version and year model of car so that we can cross reference the results.

I'll start:

My picture is below. ICS version 5.51, 2004 2.0TS (pre-facelift).

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello,

I`ve got such a kind of screen when pressing CLIMA + DARK, or the right spinner for some seconds. My car is Alfa Romeo 166 Super 3.0, 2002.

Paulius

P.S. I try doing this in many ways. With the ignition on/off or with the lights on/off, but no results...

Attachments

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hi.

Just wanted to add my info to your statistic. My car is Alfa 166 2,4 JTD, 1999. I can reach only the ICS software config and versions screen and ICS Software version screen. I can't reach any others menu.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Paulius,

I see that you have Sat Nav installed, is this correct?

Maybe the Sat Nav software changes the way the menus/options work?

Anyone else get the same screens as Paulius and have Sat Nav?

On the screen you get, have you scrolled up using the right hand knob? On the VERSIONS screen which is the one you show (CLIMA+DARK) I am able to get hidden menus when I do this, although non of these give the radio code.

If you select go back what happens?

Lexio.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Although only a few of you have replied it looks like you can only get the screens with the codes if you DONT have Sat Nav. Unless there is some other combination of buttons that work for an ICS with Sat Nav?

I don't have Sat Nav or CD or Phone, just the basic ICS.

Niall, on the screen you get with CLIMA+DARK have you tried scrolling up the screen with the right hand 'twizzle' knob? Does this make any further menus appear?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts