Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read on here that if you are unlucky to have this problem...... that if it is in an auto as opposed to a manual.. the problem could be dire to the electrics?
So what is the procedure to protect these sportronic box electrics/
Can you wrap them up or do you then start overheating issues!
Where are they?
Has anybody had probs with the intermitant wash not working ... Switch?
regards Rosso.

·
Registered
379 Posts
You might get overheating as in summer this area gets a lot of heat from the engine and it might melt any plastic you put in there and you'll end up with worse probs...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
15,172 Posts
It would get just as hot in the winter as the summer - my engine gets to 90° every time I use it, although it does take a bit longer in the winter!

Admittedly, cling film might not be the best idea, but I can almost guarantee that it wouldn't get hot enough to melt plastic - after all, the majority of the ECU and associated relays are already made of plastic!

·
Registered
837 Posts
Why not make a plastic or metal cover to protect it and angle it so any water that runs on to it can the run staright off and to a different area like the passenger foot well? That is my plan!

·
Registered
138 Posts
I'd definitely get something done, this problem killed my 166 and worse than that totally freaked out my 4 year daughter who was in the car at the time.
Dan, how did you get on stripping my old car i saw you had a fair amount of response?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts