Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I believe there may have been threads on this previously but I am wanting to find out what bulbs to buy to replace a those in my my 166. The ones I have at the moment are pretty pants almost to a point that when going down a dark road without max beam means easing off a considerable amount. I realise there could be several people out there with differing opinions but is there a concensus on the best bulb to replace the standard items? I have no intention of replacing the bulbs with those that may prove illegal (read an article recently in Autoexpress about how easy it is to fit illegal bulbs to your car...) and do not intend retro fitting Xenons.

P.S. Anything that's easily obtainable off EBay or from Halfords would suit me down to a T!!

As always, any help greatfully appreciated guys.

·
Registered
6,300 Posts
osram silverstars are good....about 16 quid a pair on ebay. Probably better than my current xenons to be honest....

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So it's the low beam bulbs (H7) that will improve my lights (dipped ie one above side lights but below full beam)? On full beam they're fine but obviously cant use them all the time as I'd go around blinding people!! Can see my next EBay purchase being expensive as I need to make up a kit of spares for driving in France...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts