Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All
I was thinking about changing the gear lever knob. Mine is badly scuffed. Any ideas what are available for the 166 and has anyone changed one - what is involved in doing it. It doesnt look that straight forward because of the reverse lift mechanism.

Any advice is appreciated.

Cheers

MFK:confused:

·
Registered
6,300 Posts
i changed the one on my old car...dead easy as the lift mechanism is separate....think it just pulls/twists off IIRC

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Niall
I tried that but it feels dead solid. I was afraid to go too hard on it as I was not sure about the arrangement with the reverse lifter. Thanks anyway - I will put a bit more elbow grease into it now that I know.

Cheers

·
Registered
183 Posts
Mine has a little screw under the little AR badge on rear side, so i have no problem to change it if i would want to.

·
Registered
8,918 Posts
Niall
I tried that but it feels dead solid. I was afraid to go too hard on it as I was not sure about the arrangement with the reverse lifter. Thanks anyway - I will put a bit more elbow grease into it now that I know.

Cheers
Did you manage to get it off?? Thinking of changing mine :)

·
Registered
Giulia Super Sprint, GTV V6
638 Posts
I'm willing to change mine as well. ;) What I'm after is the FL model knob...think the GT has the same one but I'm not 100% sure.

·
Registered
Giulia Super Sprint, GTV V6
638 Posts
Oh, forgot to let you know that I've managed to get it off. :D Some elbow grease really does the job sometimes ;)

P.S. If anyone is selling a leather knob, let me know!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Has anyone been able to source a Lift Reverse 6 Speed Leather Gear Knob for the 166?
I am being quoted €175 by my local stealers!!!

·
Registered
1,815 Posts

·
Registered
6,300 Posts
bloody hell...that's quite a pile of money! I've been looking for one as well as mine is a wee bit scabby...is there any way of recoating worn leather?

·
Registered
6,300 Posts
bingo Mitch! It is indeed...i guess you'd need to make sure though that any knob was wide enough to fit over the lift up collar...

1 - 20 of 40 Posts