Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hope the title gets a response....If not a lot of interest.

My 2.5 166 always has 2 defrosted areas around the vents when all the other cars in the street are frozen solid.Cured it last night. Removed the troublesome battery for the last 2 years (Yes Niall the BIG 100Ah beastie) to charge it up. Looked out this morning and there were no "peep holes"..Just a normal frozen screen.

Has anyone else noticed this.?...The 3.0 litre one had the same this morning never really noticed it before.

The battery just wont hold a charge now....See next post 166 HD Battery CONVERTed to MB.

·
Registered
10,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I can't believe that I am the only one with this phenomenon.(wow)Yes indeed probably I am.I've new (MB) battery fitted and will see what it's like in the morning.If the same I'll start pulling fuses from aircon circuit to see it has something to do with that.

P

S

·
0 Posts
hehehehe
can't say I've noticed on mine, but I'll deffo be on the lookout now. Dodgy windscreen defrost button/fuse?

·
Registered
10,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well
Car hasn't moved for 2 days and they are back.:eek: :confused: :confused:

Pomeo

Any phyicists with any ideas.

Matter cannot be created or destroyed etc...Well it was in my days at school.:rant:

Pomeo

·
Registered
837 Posts
i get them too on both sides, i quite like it, makes it easier to defrost in the morning and really loving the heated mirrors too! :)

·
Registered
222 Posts
Also have those peep holes on both sides. Negative is: They remain peep holes. Defrost and heating is a p... in the .ss but a minor glitch in the fantastic overall driving experience of the car.

·
Registered
10,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I think I have cracked it ...I mean sussed it.

Pomeo up on bricks and Lacey up on the car ramps and the peep holes have changed pattern.

Who says slow and steady disnae win the race.

Its the power of the current bun...the old rising sun......probably abley assist by radiation,refraction,diffraction and the door mirrors.

Well I think its a step in the right direction.

Pomeo

Another couple of thermojoules oot there and it'll be time to attack the minor niggles..like the twisted shockie that I twisted,the caitor the brake pipe and the front pipes which should arrive today.

Gosh I cant wait for the next timing belt snap so I can get something simple to do..those bolts on the front of the cat look so rusted/corroded/bonded/welded.

·
Registered
10,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Oh Well

I had the girl in stitches at the Civil Sheriff Court the other day when I went back seeking some mair advice.
She comes over and says can I help you.
I think to myself...no ,not what a wonderful world:lol: ..but I hope you are better than the last one.:eek:

So I says I am just like Gary Glitter:wow:....I ken Real dangerous to say that in a Sheriff Clerks office but sometime you jist huv tae live a wee bitty on the wild side.;)

What do you mean she says.

Hello hello I'm back again I'm back I'm back am I on the right track as a matter of fact.....I'M BACK.:D

Well she wet herself....Ice broken.
This lassy is human I could get somewhere here.

So I jist looked oot the windae ken.....And as a matter of fact there back.

Now I ken fur sure ken that Laceys windae heater thingys are no connected BUT both have the same hole and the sun hasn'y even goat its hat oan.

I am so confused I am thinking of going to thon confused site to get some sense.(And the wise wan's that ur reading this .nae wise cracks.)

Pomeo.(Not going outside coz baby its cold outside..-7.:wow: Well it is winter.

·
Registered
10,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Guess what tia has this morning......At least she is a real 166 and no a copy.

Pomeo

And it's not the original winscreen and winters no even been here this year yet..

·
Registered
641 Posts
What is this "frost" that you speak of?

Here in warm and sunny southern England we don't have these problems.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Still no snow here.

I've been basking in the garden in my posing-pouch...

·
Registered
10,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Still no snow here.

I've been basking in the garden in my posing-pouch...
Hé hé. hé cannae. yaze. thé smilies. BUTT. youve. nay. watter. ether.

snow. near. alton. towers. the. day
Pomeo.

·
Registered
10,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
He He He Above post was using the mobile fone and I fought I hit the space button.....twas the dat, the period (aargh) the fool stop.

The mystery of these thingy wires is like the Mary Celeste.

Pomeo

·
Registered
175 Posts
Interesting old thread, pomeo - and from when you were a newbie at AO and used to write in English :) What isn't explicitly mentioned is that - presumably - for the windscreen to be defrosting locally to the vents overnight, the fan must have been running, and producing warm air to boot, even tho the engine was off, ignition off, car tucked up for the night. How is that even possible?

Reactions: Mufasa and Pomeo

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
Pomie is my vote for the voice of the 166.
Even if Chris Cousins has more of them!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts