Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, poped over from the 159 lounge to say hello.
Took my 159 into SimplyAlfa in Stourbridge yesterday, they loaned me a 2000ish 166. Couldn't tell what year as it had private plates, but was a face lift, and had 134K on the clock.
First impressions were ok. Seat was difficult to get comfortable for me, maybe an adjuster was broken? Then I realised the heater was on, so turned it off to save my bum.
Engine, 2.0ts, was a treat! Revved for fun, sounded great, and for a biggish car, went really well.
I have to say I was a little suprised to see no cruise or steering wheel controls etc. Is this normal?
Oddly the car felt much bigger than the 159, but when parked on my drive it filled pretty much the same space.
Was great on the motorway, cruised really well. Thought it was a bit wallowy in the islands and A roads though, maybe tired suspension?
Glad I had the chance to sample a car I have admired for a while. Loved the gearbox and engine and the leather.
Back to diesel 159 again, a big difference in drive compared back to back. But then there are over 7 years difference in age and development I suppose!

Cheers all. Looking forward to borrowing their 2.5 V6 next time I have work done! ;)

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
The SA 166 is a good example. The suspension is normal, bushes might be a little old but it's a totaly different animal, total sofa. Lol

·
Registered
5,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You hit the nail on the head Tom! Sofa on wheels. Comfy for sure. I take it you have experienced the very saem car a few months ago?

·
Registered
741 Posts
Nice to see a visitor, thanks for the comments. Wait until you try the V6 :D

Agree that 166 seems a bigger car. Was tempted by a 159 but it felt like a restyled 156, rather than their flagship "big model".

·
Registered
5,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was glad when the snow fell and covered it! But soon fell off... Your kids are right, you can't miss that one for sure.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I drove 159 1.9jtd for a while, I liked it and will probably end up in one again next maybe 2.4. But I will still keep the 166 as by then it will be worth nothing and I luv the v6 etc etc

·
Registered
Alfa Romeo Giulia Super
2,640 Posts
I drove a 159 JTD, and if I'd be a rep, I'd get one (the sportwagon in red is just beautiful)
I also drove a 500 and if I'd live in the city and never wonder outside I'd get one (in white)
I also drove a turbo Coupe, and if I'd live alone I'd get one (in yellow)
I also drove an Aston and if I'd ever win the lotto I'll get one
I also drove a MiTo, a GT and a GTV and I think I'm too fat for those
but I just love my 166
Here are some other nice cars (the title for the last one could be: admiring the great view with my best friend)
Totalcar - garage - Galéria
I agree with the author of the article, he said while American cars look like just cars, but the Italian cars look like organic parts of the surrounding.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Here are some other nice cars (the title for the last one could be: admiring the great view with my best friend)
Totalcar - garage - Galéria
I agree with the author of the article, he said while American cars look like just cars, but the Italian cars look like organic parts of the surrounding.
Wow :eek:
Oneroom just for corverttes!!
Does pic 4 (maserati) look too perfect (photoshop)?

·
Registered
26,529 Posts
Haven't tried to 2.0 myself.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts