Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the lower front suspension arm there is an electronic switch connected to the arm with a short rod. This was not on the earlier cars. Is it some anti dive brake switch? Also the windscreen washer bottle has two different electric pumps on it which wasnt on the earlier cars. The outer pump on mine has a short hose on it which is not connected to anything and I cannot find anything to connect it to. Going by the size of the pipe it is a higher capacity pump than the other inner pump which is the same as the earlier cars.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Both is related to Xenon headlights. The actuator on the front and one on the rear arm is for self leveling system.

Xenon lights also have to have a water jets for cleaning.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK but on my car I do not see any water jets on the headlights. And the pump isnt connected to anything so maybe the car doesnt have Xenons?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No I bought the car with a bumper and one wheel stolen. So I "pinched" the bumper off my TI (which is in the queue for a restoration) and when I took its bumper off it was the same - a pipe that went nowhere. And the TI bumper doesnt hve any jets on it so am still mystified about where these jets are located?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for that. Now the mystery deepens for me. Both my facelift cars have the pump, the suspension angle switches and Xenon lights but the bumper I took off the TI does not and appears to have never had the jets (and the pump was unplugged). Maybe at some point the front bumper was changed for one without jets but having 2 facelift cars with Xenon lights I would suspect all Australian facelift cars had them. Were the jets sold as a separate part?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for that. Now the mystery deepens for me. Both my facelift cars have the pump, the suspension angle switches and Xenon lights but the bumper I took off the TI does not and appears to have never had the jets (and the pump was unplugged). Maybe at some point the front bumper was changed for one without jets but having 2 facelift cars with Xenon lights I would suspect all Australian facelift cars had them. Were the jets sold as a separate part?
The oblong diamond shape plastic cover below the light goes up When you activate water jets on windowscreen and jets spray lights and then it goes back down.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts