Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 166 is a big box and, by modern standards, quite flexible IMO. This flexibility can be the cause of many creaks and groans on the bumpy UK roads - especially the ones I use. It's also probably worse on cars with uprated dampers too.

My hot tip for reducing this creaking is to lubricate the rubber door seals with Silicone Oil - it makes a huge difference on my car :)

·
Registered
10,889 Posts
You guys crack me up.

What kind of silicon oil do you use and is it easily available and cost.

Gosh Niall that is an extract from a book I read as a spotty teenager all those years ago.

However you thread reminds me of the one about the Eskimo who was driving through Aberdeen in his hire car when it broke down.
he called out the AA and after the patrolman examined the car he looked at the Eskimo from below the bonnet and says "It looks like you have blown a seal"...The wee Eskimo went mad and says"How dare you say that to me after what I have heard you do to sheep".;) :D Dont let Stu read this one ...he's in china wie the pandas.:tut:
Can you still get Panda biscuits..That reminds me ...Whit is the sell by date on that prize biscuit Ken?

Anyway huv yeeze any tips to keep hanbrake cables guid.
I was thinking of some copper grease at the calioper end.I stuck some semi synthetic down from the other end.Its a swine of a job and I dinae fancy doin it again Although Pomeo's disnae look too braw.
:cry:

Pomeo

1 - 4 of 4 Posts