Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone does anybody know if there are any levers you can tweek on the 166 headlights to switch them over to driving on the right and side so you wont dazzle on coming traffic in europe thanks toscana

·
Registered
222 Posts
As far as I know there are no levers to tweak the 166 headlights for continental use. The old fashion way is to tape off the glass incorporated wedge in the headlight glass with black insulation tape. Since the 166 has clear headlight glasses the job will be more difficult. Try the following: Positon your car in front of a wall and switch on the low beam headlights. Each headlight will project a light pattern with an upgoing slope on the wall. (In your case to the left) Try to apply black tape in a wedge form on each clear headlight glass in such a way that the upgoing slope is eliminated i.e. the projection of each headlight is a straight line.

·
Registered
674 Posts
The traditional way to convert a UK car for continental driving is to stick black insulation tape on the lights between the positions 7 and 9 O'clock.

This doesn't work on the 166 because the lights are the modern complex multi lens type and there isn't an obvious place to stick the tape.

Certain manufacturers claim to produce deflectors that work with these modern lenses. I bought one on the boat to France and although it claimed the 166 as one of the models covered it is a bunch of bullsh1t.

Their only real use is as Gendarme deflectors.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts