Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Hi 166ers
Can anyone tell me a rough cost of a new or second hand LCD screen. Are they difficult to replace? Can it be done easily DIY?

cheers guys
:thumbs:

·
Administrator
Alfa 159 1.9 JTDm Sportwagon
5,734 Posts
If its dim and not cracked / damaged then its the back lighting tube or the back lighting driver circuit which has failed. Any more info?

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
cheers paul
It's not mine so I don't have a great deal of detail.

Apparently its the back light that's gone. The screen is not visibly damaged.

:)

·
Administrator
5,734 Posts
If he can just see the display at all then tell him to check in the trip setting the display options and set it to day mode. If it goes brighter the its one of the light sensors.

G

·
Discussion Starter #5
Apparently it's not dim it's just not displaying anything in any mode ???? As if there is no power going to the display.

·
Administrator
5,734 Posts
Looks like he will need a replacement ICS unless he his willing / can check for loose wires inside the ICS.

·
Administrator
5,734 Posts
Easy,with plenty of write ups on this forum on how to do it.

·
Registered
831 Posts
there are a few 166 being broken at the mo, V8Pete springs to mind see if they can do it cheaper

G

·
Discussion Starter #10
cheers guys :thumbs:

Its for a car I'm considering buying. Will depend on how much the guy will take for it. But if I can get it for a bargain and pick up a cheap ICS I could be a 166 driver this time next week :)

·
Registered
831 Posts
cool what model is it?

·
Registered
831 Posts
same here mate they GOOOOOD

G

·
Discussion Starter #14
I know :thumbs: I've had simpy alfas black twinny on many occasion. Even took it to the Goodwood festival of speed last year. Great cars for very little money

·
Registered
9,601 Posts
There is (stupidly) a 10A fuse in the back of the unit which can blow and cause a lack of display....

I wouldn't say its easy to remove the unit - I've done it before but trying to get the one out of the one I'm breaking at the moment is proving a PITA.......

If I do get it out it will be cheaper than £250:lol:

G

·
Discussion Starter #16
:thumbs: Nice tip rgwm :)

I've got a number in my head I'm going to offer the fella. If he accepts :cool: If not then not. But if it turns out to be a 30p fuse It'll be the bargain of the year :) I wont hold my breath though I'm not that lucky :lol:

·
Registered
6,693 Posts
ICS is quite easy to get out really. Just a bit fiddly. Take your time and don't try and force it.
I followed one of the guides on here somewhere...Simples..!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts