Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seen some threads saying take out centre console, no, just pop out rear passenger vents, and access to two allen locking pins can be had,,, put armrest vertical , this helps, and persevere with pins when going back in, i put a more refined point atop of bolt pins to aid in starting in thread hole.....

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
cheers,
one of my kids, the youngest now a 15yr old neanderthal, snapped the armrest cover on mine last year when we were travelling 5 up....

Partsworld had beige covers for £19.99...but now they have black ones in stock...at a premium £34.99....but they are very difficult to find now so just a heads up for anyone else needing a new armrest...black or beige.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/272640159692

·
Registered
175 Posts
Yep, that armrest cover is not the 166's strongest design point. As I know, with the armrest vertical - my preferred position - it doesn't take much contact with the release lever for it to fly open and decant the contents into the rear compartment. Or, as you say, for it then to be snapped off by someone in the back bringing their weight to bear on it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts