Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Recently acquired a set of 166 3.0 litre front calipers and am in the process of planning how to get them and 310mm dia disks onto the front of the 75. I don't want to re-invent the wheel (or disc !) and get parts drawn etc. if one of you splendid fellows has already done the hard graft so was wondering.

a) Anyone done this and able to comment on the success or not of the upgrade.

b) Care to share drawings/details of how you reworked discs, mounting brackets etc..

If nobody has had a shot at this I'll press on and publish the results after I've got everything sorted, which could be ome time given recent progress on my various projects :(

Cheers, Jason

·
Registered
35 Posts
hi jason, ive done a conversion on my 75 using early 156 gta calipers, the ones to match 310mm discs. but i went for the bigger 330mm discs, hey, bigger the better. i had the brackets made by a friend of keith waite of K&L autos using aero grade ali (which is a must apparently). i also used drilled discs fitted behind the hub instead of infront and installed longer studs fitted in an ali ring. i have got some pics but i dont know how to decrease the size of them and get rollocked everytime i post them. if you need other info let me know. cheers steve.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts