Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

My 166 has Zender Front bumper and side skirts, but the standard 166 rear bumper. There are a few scratches on the rear bumber and one or two other blemishes around the car, so am thinking of booking it in to a body work guy near me to have it touched up. My question is, do I buy the matching Zender bumper first and get them to fit that or will it look equally as good with the bottom of the current bumper (currently black) painted up in the same colour as the rest of the car (silver)?

Anyone else out there had this done with pics? Also, does anyone out there have a link to the forum post where the chappy had done his 166 engine bay and it looked absolutely splendid? Want to get the car cosmetically ready for a lot of driving this summer!!

·
Registered
6,300 Posts
Dougie's had his rear end painted silver...looks pretty good but i'd be tempted to get the proper zender arse if you've got all the other bits and bobs :D

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dougie - Any pics??

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
Niall has given you the link I see, I guess it was my engine bay you mentioned also - All pics are there.

Would be tempted to match the rear bumper up with the rest of your zender bits but maybe ignored in the first place as not much to it. Painting it will look good anyway - Over to you.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi all,

Well after looking at pics of silver 166s with full zender kits, think the matching rear bumper's definately worth while! Thing is, the only pictures I have seen of 166s with full zender have the boot spoiler aswell! Does anyone out there have a full zender on their car but no spoiler? If so I'd love to see pics of the back just to be sure I don't need to go the whole hog for it to look the business!!

Also, I am curious as to whether changing the rear bumper will affect the back box of my exhaust? Do I need any specific mods to change bumpers?

As always, many thanks in advance to those of you who can help!!

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Anyone have full zender without the rear spoiler??

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
None that I can find but srely easy to imagine without. Here is Ken's with zender & spoiler -
http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/sets/72157594580144311/

Spoiler is Ok but I would not bother, not much to the rear bumper either IMO (look at picture of mine & Ken's to compare). If you do want a spoiler, you can get them cheap on fleabay, although a different design -
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ALFA-ROMEO-166-TRUNK-LIP-SPOILER_W0QQitemZ140096351626QQcategoryZ72209QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You're right, the zender one's over £200 which is rediculous money. Think I might just get the bumper and get it all sorted. If I want a spoiler after that then I'll just get the nice black lip one from EBay. They seem to look pretty good.

Thanks for the help. Dougie - have to say, your engine bay has me thinking of perhaps spending some time on mine after I get the touch up respraying on the panels done...

·
Registered
6,300 Posts
Dougie and Ken - how do you get your car's so shiney?? Wish mine was even a fraction of how good looking your 2 are....

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
I use turtle wax "zip wax" wash & wax (lot a wax there!) on mine which seems to keep it shiny and offers a level of protection. Don't need to polish it much either.

I buy the 5 litre tub from halfords - It is usually around a tenner, but a buy one get one free comes up every so often. I drill the lid and put one of those pump action things in, seems to last for ages!

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
I wash with Turtle Wax stuff (the one in the lime green bottle) every week.
The car was polished with Turtle Wax Platinum Precision (twice) and then polished again with Turtle Wax Platinum Extra Gloss Protection.
Like Dougie I tend to buy when there's a buy two get one free offer.
If you think this all sounds a bit obsessive check out these sites:
http://www.obsessivecardetailing.co.uk/index.php?page=index
and http://www.autogeek.net/

1 - 13 of 13 Posts