Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello again, just wrote a post about the 155 being a #%&@£, now the 166 is acting up... what have I done to deserve this?! Oh I know, I passed on that great VW deal :thumbup:

The problem:

Lately, while driving in town it seems like the automatic gearbox doesn't shift up far enough, so I end up around 2200 rpms at 30mph or 50 km/h (I live in Norway)... at highway speeds she is doing just fine

So, before I start guessing, spending money, ending up broke and divorced, perhaps there are a few chaps out there who have solved a similar problem?

The car is 2003 AR 166 2.4jtd 20v with the Aisin 50-5ECT-i box (167 000 kilometers)

Any help would be appreciated, as the 155 is parked for now I really need the 166 to get to work..

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Leaking heater matrix frying the gearbox ECU?

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
Is this the same or similar Aisin box fitted to 156 Q-system? If so you should check fluid level, there's a dipstick at the front. Check in neutral with engine idling, there's a hot and cold level marked on the dipstick. Sounds like the fluid level is low. If so, check for leaks at the left side output shaft.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts