As I've spent the last couple of years working on a Spider and then a 145 rolling restoration, the 166 hasn't been getting the attention she deserves... so I've decided to put that right over the last couple of months...
Here's some of the work I've done (or had done):
- Replace n/s front upper and lower arms ->
- Replace front ARB drop links
- Replace aircon compressor ->
- Oil and filter change
- Replace split inner CV boot, n/s
- Replace bonnet badge
- Strip glovebox paint gunk and respray - along with dashboard "triangle" in passenger footwell (turned out nicely!)
- Drill out sheared handbrake bracket bolt from o/s rear suspension arm, fit helicoil, and secure bracket with new bolt (didn't occur to me that those arms were hollow...)
- Replace upper engine stay ->
- Replace boot rubber seal
- Fix boot lock issue where lock won't catch ->
- Acquired replacement rear bumper and had it resprayed (following damage incurred in a hit and run car park incident :grumpy
Remaining work on the to-do list for February:
- Fit replacement rear bumper
- Replace camcover gaskets (both appear to be leaking)
- Replace both rear tyres
- Book car for MoT
Really pleased to have got all of these fixed in a relatively short space of time - they've been bugging me for months!
Onwards and upwards!