·
Registered
15,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
I mentioned my annoyances in the subtle details thread but again:

The "chrome" underneath the headlights (plastic with chrome coating, half of mine has peeled off) & if you are travelling above 25mph with the drivers window down & use the windscreen wash, it drips down onto the door card as the wiper moves up, worse at higher speed - anybody else noticed this?

·
Registered
10,889 Posts
I like the way they park further up Bobda...I THINK ITS CLEVER.

I have the rain sensor....going to tryit with a hose....kens wee try didnae work.

I MAY BE WRONG but THOSE RAIN SENSORS DRIVE ME MAD IF I HAVE IT.

Pomeo

·
Registered
10,019 Posts
1. The fricken squeaky clutch pedal

2. The fricken left hand indicator non return

3. The slight rattle from the drivers side seatbelt mechanism

4. The squeak from the rear compartment - you know, the one where Pomeo keeps his smoking jacket and slippers :lol:

5. The front compartment that never opens properly because the spring is crap...

...but non of that matters when I turn the ignition in the morning and the console lights up and flashes and then I hear the sound of the V6 engine purring into life! :cool:

·
Registered
240 Posts
1.That piece of plastic that seems to bulge out from behind the rear windows.
2.That cheap thin fake "leather" around the gear shift stick.
3.That cheap thin fake "leather" on the center arm rest.
4.The message "Air condition faulty contact workshop" i did that and they told me its a big job and will cost a lot of money to fix.
5.Left turn stick getting stuck down that cost me 300EURO to get fixed.

But i still love my 166 3.0

·
Registered
5,250 Posts
Mmmmmm after much thought it has to be Ummmm.
No sorry can't think of anything, I/we brought this car for our 400 mile trip to Scotland and then driving when there, because I didn't want to drive a Citroen, and I honestly cannot think of anything bad.
Ahhhh just one thing the way the bloody alarm goes off when she is frightened by loud noises, thats it.

·
Registered
234 Posts
The squeaky clutch pedal, and the intermittent windscreen wipers (rain sensor) that has a mind of it's own. (I wonder if it's possible to bypass the rain sensor so I can just have a traditional manually operated intermttent wipe?), oh, and the driver's seat chassis sometimes makes a worrying knocking noise as if there was a loose bolt or something inside the seat.

·
Registered
7,115 Posts
only the fact that 17in horseshoes and Zender kit is so rare

other than that just a heavy clutch, and I could fix that if I had a fortnight spare......

·
Registered
122 Posts
- left and sometimes right non-canceling indicator
- sometimes soft as a butter and sometimes hard and squeaky clutch pedal
- no drink holders
- air condition fault on ISC (decided to try and get it fixed if it won't cost a fortune)
- no switch in the rear to open the boot
- no side door protectorson the doors, so my doors look like swiss cheese cause of bumps of others doors
- poor front lights - main beam (it is OK now when i installed HID xenon)
- poor locking mechanism on all the doors
- some electronic glitches from time to time (ABS light on and off, airbag light-connector under the front seat...)

I know i am splitting hairs here but since we are being honest...:p
Nevertheless i love it and when driving it i forget all about those little glintches.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I don't know. When driving along motorway, really enjoying the ride and feeling thirsty wouldn't it be nice to have at least one cup holder to put my Red Bull into.
Well i actually did find my "cup holder" - i put my dring between handbreak and passanger seat (LHD) - there is just enough room to squizze it between - the catch is that the passenger seat must not be moved all the way back - than my "cup holder" is "closed":lol:

Oh and yes - about this issue i could write here and on the opposite thread (subtle details) - BACK SEAT.
Love them - really great to sit in, but really annoying when puting childs seat in - i just cannot put it in normally cause of that sport "hole" my *** falls in and feels great.
Well maybe i should try some different seat... as i recall there is a thread about those child seats and our 166.

·
Registered
10,889 Posts
Me thinks....where did I leave that pipe:confused:...the aircon one....thanks itchy:thumbs:

brie if you really really wanted a cup holder you should have bought any other make or and Alfa......wait for it ...CUP.:cheese:

jIST REMEMBERED

that flipping ICS.....all those weird and wonerfuel massages.,

SAT NAV DISC IS UPSIDE DOWN........
ESP When you ken furra fact it isnae......so how accurate is that phlipping fing....aargh
i just dont believe anything it says now.:D:cheese::cry:

Pomeo

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
..the front armrest..!

when it's down you can't use the handbrake, and when i go to pull it back up quickly in frustration i pull the catch for the lid by mistake sending the contents flying around the car.. :cry:

i also find the will-it, won't-it kickdown a bit annoying, but that's another thread....

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
I rarely have the armrest down because of the handbrake issue, however this does pose that immortal question of buying a car with your head or your heart.

Last year I went to the British Motor Show & I was quite impressed with the Kia Pro-Cee'd but was put off by the dash layout & the exact same handbrake problem, at the time I said to my mate I'd "never buy a car with such a stupid layout". Funny how different cars can stir up such emotion & passion that these issues are completely forgotten or irrelevant.

·
Registered
626 Posts
the ics air con message is so fustrating but mine was fixed by a £5 fan relay under the windscreen in the engine bay
and at first the arm rest handbrake setup but ive now come up with a weird arm movment to get past it
also no idea why but every now and then when i get in in the morning my seat has moved all the way back
and my intermitant passanger side washer jet
Andy

1 - 20 of 25 Posts