Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Looks too much like the Ford Scorpio or something at the front. To me, it's ugly, but a lovely car to own and ride around in I'm sure.

That 20v 2.4 petrol is the same engine that was used in the Fiat Stilo I guess?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Saw one at the Italian Car and Bike day in Scotland last year - in the flesh it looks a bit too retro, especialy the grille, looks well kitted out though (like the Scorpio :p)

·
Registered
30,071 Posts
Lancia have made some weird looking cars recently, that one looks almost normal compared to most of them...!

·
Registered
754 Posts
The low front quarter shot doesn't do it justice. Looks better than that in the flesh. The rear quarter view is beautiful. The interiors are very classy: metal, leather and wood rather than plastic, plastic and plastic.

As with most Lancias, there are plenty of these on the continent, more France and of course Italy than Germany. I see more of these than 166s when driving though France.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Looks too much like the Ford Scorpio or something at the front. To me, it's ugly, but a lovely car to own and ride around in I'm sure.

That 20v 2.4 petrol is the same engine that was used in the Fiat Stilo I guess?
I think it's the same 2.4 20v diesel that has been used by Alfa.

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
Interior is nice enough, but personally, I think it's hideous on the outside.

On an equally random note, read yesterday the the new Thema in some markets will be a rebadged Chrysler 300??? WTH?? Still going to be a 300 over here, but no V8 engines, just the V6

I should add, I rather like the 300 for it's brash American charms, quite fancy one with the Hemi to go with the Jeep :) Just think of the cost in spark plugs alone! :D

...but it ain't a Lancia. Starting to think the last decent one they made was the Integrale. The 'new' Delta is a disgrace as well.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Interior is nice enough, but personally, I think it's hideous on the outside.

On an equally random note, read yesterday the the new Thema in some markets will be a rebadged Chrysler 300??? WTH?? Still going to be a 300 over here, but no V8 engines, just the V6
I know utter disgrace , Lancias MPV now is a rebadged voyager, hopefully fiat dont decide to take Alfa down the same route !

·
Registered
237 Posts
I used to own a couple of the original Themas from the early nineties which were really underated cars and i assumed that when the replacement Kappa came along i would end up with one of those but unfortunately as we know Lancia pulled the plug on RHD cars.
But i guess the 166 is based loosely on the Kappa and if you squint a little the resembelance is there.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
I know utter disgrace , Lancias MPV now is a rebadged voyager, hopefully fiat dont decide to take Alfa down the same route !
Fiat Auto plans to sell seven of its vehicles in the U.S. by 2014, while Fiat-controlled Chrysler Group is to supply nine models to sell under Fiat brands in the European market, according to a five-year plan rolled out on April 21, 2010 in Turin, Italy, by Fiat and Chrysler CEO Sergio Marchionne. At least five of the Fiat Auto models are expected to be marketed in the U.S. under its Alfa Romeo brand. Showing the level of integration envisioned, a product introduction timeline shows Chrysler-built compact and full-size SUVs going on sale in 2012 and 2014, respectively, in both European and North American markets.
As far as I know, all 'Lancias' sold in the UK and Ireland will be Chryslers. Lancia will only be available in LHD.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Im fairly sure they put the 3 litre V6 in those(Kappa/Thesis) but the chrome inlet pipes were a matt black effect! I saw loads of the Thesis when I visited Rome last year. They look a lot nicer in the metal than photos, a bit like the 166 really.

·
Registered
4,191 Posts
Do like the Thesis, but it took me a while to decide. They hold their value very well in mainland Europe.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Im fairly sure they put the 3 litre V6 in those(Kappa/Thesis) but the chrome inlet pipes were a matt black effect! I saw loads of the Thesis when I visited Rome last year. They look a lot nicer in the metal than photos, a bit like the 166 really.
Lancia used the V6 in the Thema too but only as a 12v, not the 24v version.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Lancia Thesis 2.4 20v Emblema 170 PS erst 65.000 km - nicht E-Klasse, 5er BMW | eBay

cannot work out if its ugly or not, I guess it is, but interesting at the same time.....
Hallo,
I think that the thesis can look pretty sharp, e.g., if you google for "lancia thesis bicolore" you'll find a silver-black one with red interior. However, most of the times it is presented in a very boring way.
Couple of months ago I thought about buying a 3.2, but the automatic gear, the grand pa steering wheel and the fact that you can not use antother suspension were absolute no-goes.

Alfons

·
Registered
337 Posts
As far as I know, all 'Lancias' sold in the UK and Ireland will be Chryslers. Lancia will only be available in LHD.
In europe however Lancia are doing the opposite and rebadging chryslers :(

·
Registered
221 Posts
The low front quarter shot doesn't do it justice. Looks better than that in the flesh. The rear quarter view is beautiful.
You guys are getting desperate. That's an eight-pinter at best. Sure her arse is OK but I'd rather drive around in Sonia off of Eastenders. Blimey.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
I love it........apart from that front end. I'm sure in the flesh & if you study the lines it looks good (like some people have to ignore the "sad face" look of pre f/l 166s) but it really can't pull it off. I'd rather go for a Thema 8.32

1 - 20 of 26 Posts