Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.

I just bought a nice example of 166 3.2 but there is a problem with front down pipes ( flexi pipes ) , i need to change them ASAP but i cant find them anywhere :( i checked most of websites with car parts and i cant find them :( plese help :cry:

·
Registered
641 Posts
I can't help with the part identification.

BUT,

On many cars, flexipipe breakage is often down to worn engine mounts. So, check them as well, or you might break your new pipes too...

·
Registered
10,889 Posts
Given that there were very few sold here (3.2 166's in the UK) in the first place Jaosn probably had more luck finding the Golden Fleece.
However ,NOT HAD TO GO THERE YET, the front pipes IIRC from eper include the cats so probably your best bet is to get equivalent new flexi pipe and cut and shunt (Whew glad I smelt that wright fur wance) if you get my drift.
Was going to do that for lacey BUTT stiull WIP after awe these years.

Pomeo

·
Registered
10,889 Posts
Hi.

I just bought a nice example of 166 3.2 but there is a problem with front down pipes ( flexi pipes ) , i need to change them ASAP but i cant find them anywhere :( i checked most of websites with car parts and i cant find them :( plese help :cry:
Given that there were very few sold here (3.2 166's in the UK) in the first place Jaosn probably had more luck finding the Golden Fleece.
However ,NOT HAD TO GO THERE YET, the front pipes IIRC from eper include the cats so probably your best bet is to get equivalent new flexi pipe and cut and shunt (Whew glad I smelt that wright fur wance) if you get my drift.
Was going to do that for lacey BUTT stiull WIP after awe these years.

Pomeo
:eek::eek::eek:

OOOPS ...Whitys the problem with them.....I jumped inn as usual (Tom Bloomin Jones moi ) OR is it the other common 166 problem...IF so a guid SS welder.

Pomeo

·
Registered
10,889 Posts

·
Registered
10,889 Posts
Butt Paul...These ur fur CF2 engines....Whole different beasties....Even ,IIRC, Lucy CF3 3.0 2001 and TIa CF3 3.2 2004 have a different set up at a quick glance. However IIRC TIa still has the under tray on.

Oh and although they do the joab...Nothing near the quality of the original Alfa pipes. IIRC Lucy's has been repaired by a guid welder who kent watt he was doing well before I got her.

Pomeo

·
Registered
10,889 Posts
Heid banging smiley.

Is the flexi part different or the length the pipe / shape?

what about these.

Exhaust flexible tube pipes
Yup yee herd it hear furst:D

http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-164-and-166/390202-166-3-2-front-down-pipes.html#post5467970

Butt what was the problem?
Should have thought that they would be roughly the same as the 3.0

Pomeo
It also might work, just the right size and welder operator (mechanic) i think that should work! :)
When naybudy bought/was interested in my 164 pips I was gonna cut n shunt BUTT they ur to good to cut n shunt.
I do remember yazin paper raffia at skool ..way back in primary skoolbutt like Donny n Maries Paper Roses nay use at awe on fixin exhausts.

Guid luck rafi as the CF£ oops :eek: CF3 BUTT ££££££££££££££££££££££'s huv the cat in the doon pipe...So no cheap hence cut and shunt or butt weld.

Pomeo

·
Registered
641 Posts
"Donny & Marie Osmond, Paper Roses" (translated for the benefit of non- Caledonians out there).

Only Pomeo could link this to an exhaust downpipe thread. He has clearly been overdoing the Ironbru...

·
Registered
10,889 Posts
"Donny & Marie Osmond, Paper Roses" (translated for the benefit of non- Caledonians out there).

Only Pomeo could link this to an exhaust downpipe thread. He has clearly been overdoing the Ironbru...
:wow::cheese:
Smelling error D smelling error. Fur years I fought she sung "Paper Woses"...Jist grateful the wife's mother wiznae called Fanny:cheese:

Pomeo

1 - 19 of 19 Posts