Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Gutted - my 166 has blown up the differential, so need to get rid of it.
Drives and runs but no MOT, trailer away or book an MOT then phone breakdown service on the way. ;)

1999 V - 3.0 V6 super (manual 6speed) 106,000 miles, silver with black momo leather, original 16" polished alloys (inc spare). No sat-nav or phone. Does have ice-cold aircon and premium sound pack inc. 6 cd player. Good general condition inside and out, engine is a peach.

=== Make me an offer ===

Too good to scrap, no time to repair. Already have a replacement 166. Some body must get proper use from it? WIll go to scarp man at end of October 2008 :eek:
Call rob 07779 134997

Attachments

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
anyone know how easy it is to
replace the differential?
Find a spare diff?
Confirm that gearbox and clutch are okay?

Offers are in line with general economy - rock bottom. Reckon I can get more selling for spares, then scrap metal the body.
Anyone want to start picking the carcass?

·
Registered
15,172 Posts
I've moved this to the 166 lounge so people can start replying to the thread with requests for parts.

I'll start...I'd like your wing mirrors if they're in good condition. Possibly also the front bumper, too. Might even have the back one if it's cheap enough so I can (practice, really) put a parking sensor in it and leave the bumper on mine in the mean time.

In fact, where are you based and if you're willing to GIVE the car away, I could be interested...

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
I may still have a diff from a 5sp 2.4 jt knocking about, its not a Q2, its the original I removed when the Q2 went in.

I am in Derby, you can have it for 20quid.

I may still have somewhere a 6sp box from a 166, I was sold it with a possible crunchy 3rd, as in the synchro may have gone, never tested it, but it could be OK for spares.

·
Registered
15,172 Posts
:cheese: :cheese: :cheese: :cheese: :cheese: :cheese: :cheese: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'll raise Bodas generous offer If you willing to GIVE it away I'm Definity extremely interested!

:cheese:
Well, if it's going to the scrappies at the end of October, I'd be happy to play the role of scrap yard... ;)

A

·
0 Posts
When the diff breaks it usually grinds large amounts of swarf and/or a hole in the casing. Get a replacment tranny. Its too good a car to break IMHO

AlfaLincs

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Thanks guys - getting the feeling I have backed the wrong horse. Every day I get in the new thing I fell elated, then my left foot trips on the fat ar5ed brake pedal and we slur off up the road. The old bus never gets above 3500 rpm. Borrrrrrrrrrrrrrring!

Back to reality, might be interested in the 6 speed box from Jasons, esp if it has the diff attached? Done engine and box swap on another car in the past. How hard can it be?

Anyone want a nice 166 auto................

btw me and the fleet are in Huntingdon

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
I'll ask to see if the box is still around, the gear box seperates from the bell housing, as does the diff, changing should be easy.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Anyone got a 6 speed box?

If not does anyone else want to place a pre-order for bits off my Super? Will start breaking next week. Need to keep a rolling carcass.

Spoken for already
Engine - complete
Audio - cd changer, Amp + speakers

1 - 20 of 24 Posts