Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to source light grey 166 3.0 car mats in which the front passenger side is not the same as a 2.0 166 (it is shorter and shaped differently at the top). Any ideas? :confused:

·
Administrator
GT 2.0 JTS 2007
5,518 Posts
I have seen the driver side (rhd) which have been shorter but they all should be the same for all models. The factory fitted ones run under the pedals and the first cheap non alfa ones I bought stopped before the pedals. I soon got replaced these with better quality mats which were the same as the factory type.
Also the early 166 came with a bolster pad on the passenger side which can be removed as I have done but the carpet still fits perfect.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Go onto ebay and search "Alfa romeo 166 mats" it brings up lots some genuine, some not. Both types you speak of are there. Long ones under the pedal (correct) and shorter ones. Pick carefully but you should be able to get.

:)

·
Registered
761 Posts
On my genuine mats, the passenger side is actually longer than the footwell. It folds at the front and has about 5 inches that goes upside down under the trim below the glovebox.

I just fitted some Autostyle mats and they are 99% accurate in shape in most areas, but they've not bothered with the extra length on the passenger mat, and have simply shaped it to fit the footwell exactly (which is fine by me).

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Has anyone any recommendation for any seller on e-bay or are all the mats pretty much the same?

·
Registered
641 Posts
I want some nicer ones. Mine are clearly bootleg. They don't have thingys for the attachment whatsits...

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
I want some nicer ones. Mine are clearly bootleg. They don't have thingys for the attachment whatsits...
I've found it's mainly the Jap imports that have whatsits, and if the mat has no thingys, I just unbolt the front of the seat rails. Each whatsit has a short stainless-steel strap secured under the seat bolt.

New top-quality full size mats, made of thick and heavy carpet, come with screw-in plastic doodads that puncture the carpet and fasten into the bitumen-covered thick fluffy stuff. Each doodad head resembles a Philips screw, and the mat has a ring that snaps onto it. The doodads are neat and tidy (they sit more flush than thingys) but the mats are unfortunately too wide for the 166 - perhaps the edges could be cut to fit and a motor trimmer might overlock them.

I think "boot leg" is more to do with jeans, but I suppose the popper on the jeans is like the thingy.

-Alex

·
Registered
5,976 Posts
I've found it's mainly the Jap imports that have whatsits, and if the mat has no thingys, I just unbolt the front of the seat rails. Each whatsit has a short stainless-steel strap secured under the seat bolt.

New top-quality full size mats, made of thick and heavy carpet, come with screw-in plastic doodads that puncture the carpet and fasten into the bitumen-covered thick fluffy stuff. Each doodad head resembles a Philips screw, and the mat has a ring that snaps onto it. The doodads are neat and tidy (they sit more flush than thingys) but the mats are unfortunately too wide for the 166 - perhaps the edges could be cut to fit and a motor trimmer might overlock them.

I think "boot leg" is more to do with jeans, but I suppose the popper on the jeans is like the thingy.

-Alex
:lol::lol::lol:

·
Registered
165 Posts
Has anyone any recommendation for any seller on e-bay or are all the mats pretty much the same?
check out 'cyberspares', either on the net or via ebay, i have purchased for my other cars from them plus also a set for my twin after i sent them a template of the factory ones already in place, they sent a set back exactly as drawn & decent price/quality

·
Administrator
GT 2.0 JTS 2007
5,518 Posts
Advert says clips none?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts